Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and replaced all the speakers in my 2014 Azera w/Infinity sound system. I decided to go slow at first and just replace the speakers and see how the factory amplifier handled it. I had to break the thread into two in order to include the pics that I wanted to...below is the install with some pics:

First I attacked the rear deck and trunk with some sound deadening material. My son and I spend a good three to four hours measuring, cutting and applying the material to reduce the ambient noise coming from the reflective dome that Hyundai calls the spare wheel inset. (First two pictures)

The next step was the rear deck. After pulling the seat cushions, seat backs, and then the rear deck cover, I was able to get at the factory sub and two 4" loudspeakers. The quality wasn't bad on the speakers, but I knew we could do better. (3rd & 4th Pics)

The only piece that I didn't use some type of Kicker product was the sub. I used an 8" DVC Polk sub. It sounds awesome. I would have used the Kicker, but their price for a DVC sub was just more than what I wanted to pay. Anyway, I am really happy with the way the sub sounds.

The two 4" speakers however took some work. The speakers that I was replacing have about half the depth of the 4" coaxes that I was using, as well as their cage being about a 1/4" smaller in diameter. So, I shaved out about 1/4" of plastic on the mount and also shaved out the spray on deadening material on the rear deck. (Pics 5 through 9). At this point I got a little ahead of myself and replaced the deck cover and seats without realizing that I forgot to take a pic of the finished product. But, you can probably imagine what the speakers look like on top of a deck lid that has sound deadening material laid out like the first two pics.

The next step in my project was the rear doors. This was probably the simplest part of my whole project. It was a straight pull the old stuff, snip the wires and connect to the new stuff and reattach. It went so smooth, I forgot to take pictures of this part. If I ever decide to sound deaden all the doors, I will take some pics for everyone then. The one thing that I would like to note is that the factory mids and tweets are by far some of the best looking and sounding factory components I have ever seen. In truth, I doubt that I grabbed much benefit from replacing the rear door mid and tweets. They are poly woofers and silk tweeters.

Front cabin is in the next thread...

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very nice thread, I love seeing someone putting some love into his car :D

Do you know if all the factory speakers are 2 ohm? The sub is a dvc 2 ohm right?

Can you tell me which speakers you chose? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts