Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just take a look on Hyundai american website, i saw they will sell as optional the sport shifter from B&M on the Accent SE 2014.

I don`t know if this part is already available.. I think i will buy it! I don`t like the pattern of ours manual tranny. Sometime, got some hard time to put it on reverse (I got to release the clucht and do it again) and sometime, when i really smooth-shift, she won`t go on 2nd gear.. Anyway, i hear a lot of good things about the one for the Accent MC..

What is your opinions?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I might get it depends if the billet pro shop short shifter is cheaper

·
Registered
660 Posts
The B&M sport shifter is a mod you will appreciate over most any other mod. Any short shifter is a great improvement over the stock set-up. I also recommend looking into shifter base and shifter control bushing replacement to solid billet ones and upgrade your transmission oil to Redline MT-85. If you like your car now, then you will love it after that!

I have used the B&M on an Accent and BPS on my Elantra. Both are really nice set-ups.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The B&M sport shifter is a mod you will appreciate over most any other mod. Any short shifter is a great improvement over the stock set-up. I also recommend looking into shifter base and shifter control bushing replacement to solid billet ones and upgrade your transmission oil to Redline MT-85. If you like your car now, then you will love it after that!

I have used the B&M on an Accent and BPS on my Elantra. Both are really nice set-ups.
I really want the bushings , definitely going to be my next set of mods fluid bushings and shifter

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want the bushings , definitely going to be my next set of mods fluid bushings and shifter
Do you know any good band of Bushing? I think i`m gonna order everthing to make this mod more complete to do!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Billet Pro Shop is where I got my Control Bushings from and the shifter base bushings came with the Short Throw Shifter kit.

These are the old and new control bushings. On the GT, they are accessed under the airbox and battery tray, on top of the transmission.
Bushings 9.jpg

The next two are the old and new shifter housing bushings. They should be replaced while installing the short shifter. This requires removing your center console.
Base bushings 4.jpg Base bushings 5.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Billet Pro Shop is where I got my Control Bushings from and the shifter base bushings came with the Short Throw Shifter kit.

These are the old and new control bushings. On the GT, they are accessed under the airbox and battery tray, on top of the transmission.
View attachment 96762

The next two are the old and new shifter housing bushings. They should be replaced while installing the short shifter. This requires removing your center console.
View attachment 96770 View attachment 96778
Great Reply!!! I appreciate!! Very helpfull!

BTW I take a look on Bilet pro shop website, and there only bushing for the Veloster N/A Turbo.. So i`m assuming they should be the same bushings for ours Accent!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts