Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car has 200,000 km on the clock and engine runs better than ever. Except it uses about 500 ml of engine oil every 1000 km or so whereas it used almost zero 5 years ago. I`ve put in a new PCV valve to no effect and it doesnt seem to be leaking or blowing blue smoke out exhaust. Obviously must be going somewhere so the exhaust is the most likely exit.
Any other thoughts where it could be going or better still, how to stop it?. Probably cheaper to put in $10 worth of oil every 1000 Km than doing major overhaul. Tried higher viscosity oil (20-40) to no effect. The small engine plus turbo in the latest versions don`t appeal to me.
Thank you for ideas.

·
Registered
981 Posts
The car has 200,000 km on the clock and engine runs better than ever. Except it uses about 500 ml of engine oil every 1000 km or so whereas it used almost zero 5 years ago. I`ve put in a new PCV valve to no effect and it doesnt seem to be leaking or blowing blue smoke out exhaust. Obviously must be going somewhere so the exhaust is the most likely exit.
Any other thoughts where it could be going or better still, how to stop it?. Probably cheaper to put in $10 worth of oil every 1000 Km than doing major overhaul. Tried higher viscosity oil (20-40) to no effect. The small engine plus turbo in the latest versions don`t appeal to me.
Thank you for ideas.
Picture of engine for family ID ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts