Hyundai Forums banner

2013 Sonota 2.0 Turbo code P2562

832 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric2203 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have the check engine light on, I am at 115K KMs (In Canada)

Dealer told me that I need a new Waste gate actuator for the turbo, I guess it is stuck open. The car does not perform well at all anymore.

They quoted me about $1100 CDN to fix this, seems really high to me, just looking for an opinion. Over $800 for the part alone. Can I get a part myself for cheaper?

Thanks!

#4 ·
No, there was no recall for this. It should have been in my opinion, because it's dangerous to find yourself in a situation where the car struggles to get to 65 mph because you basically have no turbo at that point. It's happened to me twice and it sucks.

But there was a TSB to adjust the actuator. If yours is stuck, you'll need to have it replaced though. Adjusting it won't help. I had mind replaced: US $256 in parts and US $213 in labor.

#5 ·
Thanks, I am lining up purchasing the part, but then I was wondering if there would be any possible damage to the turbo from this? Mine has been like this for a few weeks now, but I have not been driving much lately. If the turbo is damaged because of the stuck actuator I would be wasting money buying just the actuator. The dealer did not say this, just a thought I am having.

Would it be likely that the turbo could be damaged from this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.