Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2013 Sonata SE (with Nav, non-turbo)

I scratched my 18" alloy wheel hubcaps on the curb recently. I want to replace them. I have searched everywhere on the web, and only found some chrome ones on Ebay. Is there a website where there's more choice.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alloy wheel hubcaps? Do you mean you scratched the rim itself?

For what it's worth, after I found scratches on 2011 SE w/18s, I put on these:

4 PC Set 18" 11 12 Hyundai Sonata Chrome Wheel Skin Hubcaps Cover Hub Cap | eBay

They fit like a glove but I'm not sure if my 11 rims are different than your 13s. I can put pics of mine up, or you can see another car's here:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8504/chrome3o.jpg

Unless I'm missing something and the 2013s have 18" steelies with hubcaps...

·
Registered
132 Posts
when we ordered our '13, I discovered only the GLS base model WITHOUT Preferred Equipment Package came with hubcaps (16"). All others are actual rims (makes up the entire wheel except for the tire).

Anyway, you can have a rim shop fix any scratched wheel for ~$150 or less and it will look good as new. For example, around me: http://www.wheelfixit.com/ You won't get a new wheel for cheaper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ouch. I feel you, when my 18" wheels got hit by a rock, there was a nice scuff. Small but noticeable if you look for it.

Rockauto seems to have replica wheels. But they are stupid expensive
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA Wheel - my mechanic buddy looked at the wheels and figured that they would be pricey to replace and he was right. I suspect the darker one matches the hyundais more, which costs about $270.

I suggest you go to the parts dept at the dealer first and see how much they are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks rh71 and currahee440 - I am not looking to replace the wheels, as that option is very expensive.

tonglebeak - thanks for sending the Ebay link for the hubcaps! I have seen this before and I have a white Sonata as well. I am not a fan of the shining chrome finish in the Ebay listing. I prefer the factory fitted matte finish.

Any other options for hubcaps?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Maybe you can be a little clearer what got damaged. Does your SE currently just have the stock wheel or does it have chrome wheel covers? I ask since you say you only found chrome ones which leads me to believe you just have the standard painted 18 alloy rim. If that is the case, they can be repaired. I have mine repaired twice by a mobile detailer who came to my house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts