Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On page 4-157 of the Owner's Manual there is a list of iPod voice commands but I can't get my ipod to play a specific song by using voice commands. A question to you 2013 Sonata GLS owners out there....is this just a capability of more expensive models and doesn't work on the GLS?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can any of you 2013 Sonata GLS owners check page 4-157 of the Owner's Manual and tell me why iPod Voice Commands don't work?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can any of you 2013 Sonata GLS owners check page 4-157 of the Owner's Manual and tell me why iPod Voice Commands don't work?
i'll try with my iphone 4s to see if any one the commands work. what firmware are you running on your ipod and how do you have it connected to the stereo?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i'll try with my iphone 4s to see if any one the commands work. what firmware are you running on your ipod and how do you have it connected to the stereo?
iPhone 5, IOS 7.0.2. Connected via Lightening cable via USB. I can control music manually but not using Voice Commands. I also tried Bluetooth. Voice Commands don't work either way. Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
iPhone 5, IOS 7.0.2. Connected via Lightening cable via USB. I can control music manually but not using Voice Commands. I also tried Bluetooth. Voice Commands don't work either way. Thanks!
I believe you need the Hyundai iPod cable but they don't make one with the lightning cable so you'd need the lightning adapter to make it work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, folks. I tried an ordinary iPod Nano 3rd Generation (circa 2007) with the old cable and that doesn't allow Voice Commands either. I am starting to think it's a model thing and the GLS model doesn't have the capability. Hyundai Owner Manuals are generic and used for all models so Voice Command section in manual might be addressing other models. By the way, a non-Apple Lightning Cable works with my 2013 Sonata and iPhone 5. Works the same way as my old iPod Nano. Even recognizes songs and can scroll thru them as well as playlists from the new IOS 7 iTunes Radio which is extremely neat. Just can't do Voice commands to play songs. The only difference is on old iPhone Nano displays the words "Hyundai" but using non-Apple Lightening cable with iPhone 5, displays "cable not authorized" but does this when charging connected to charging block so doesn't have anything to do with using it in my Sonata. I guess I should be happy because sounds like my iPhone 5 connected to Sonata has more functionality than most people with older Sonata on this forum :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts