Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New Sonata GL owner. Just picked it up last week and I love the car. Great drive, great features. Only thing is I am noticing that there's a humming noise from the engine whenever I accelerate and when the car decelerates. It's not really noticeable during the day when the streets are busy and I'm listening to the radio etc., but at night when I'm driving on quiet streets its quite audible and it almost sounds like Diesel engine.

I read a few threads on this and people have attributed it to the direct fuel injection - is this humming sound normal? Do all sonatas sound like this? Or should I go back to the dealership and get it checked out?

Your advice and experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I picked mine up in June. Compared to my 2007 it sounds SO much louder. Everyone tells me form the new type of engine, but I miss my whisper quiet 2007

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I picked mine up in June. Compared to my 2007 it sounds SO much louder. Everyone tells me form the new type of engine, but I miss my whisper quiet 2007
I previously drove a 94 BMW and the sounds are comparable which is a bit of a surprise.

The sound that I am hearing isn't really clicking....just able to hear the actual acceleration and deceleration....but magnified? Kind of like an echo of it. Not sure if that makes sense...

It does go away sometimes (or maybe I've gotten used to it) but would always return shortly after....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts