Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I purchased a Hyundai Sonata 2013 2 weeks ago and i am really pleased with the vehicle. I just have a question about the cloth seating. Is it me or do the sides of the front seats seem not very firm or strong like other cars. I sit down to drive and i have some creases along the sides of the drive seat where the edges of the seat curve up. Its noticable and then the next day it doesn't look as bad but still kinda there. Im a big guy so I know ill probably put ware on the seats but i dunno.

Is this normal? cheap material? or am i just knit picking?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
All of the above. This is one of the places Hyundai cut corners on quality in our cars.

Seat covers are cheap and plentiful on eBay. Also, the OEM seat surfaces are showing up as other owners convert to leather, also for cheap.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it because the material wears nicely overall (73K and mine looks 96% of new) and is pretty easy to replace on your own if you so desire.

Your car is a 2013 so it shouldn't be wearing this quickly. Talk to your dealer---maybe they can do a one-time replacement for you as a courtesy. However, most will tell you this is not warrantied so expect denial.

My father has Scion xB that started showing seat wear after 3 weeks. Dealer told him to take a hike but he raised h*** and got them to replace it...twice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts