Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13 Sonata alarm keeps going off, press once to arm it. Goes off randomly few minutes latet get told all the time alarms going off. Wondering if something I can fix before I call dealer.

Thanks to all who respond

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
13 Sonata alarm keeps going off, press once to arm it. Goes off randomly few minutes latet get told all the time alarms going off. Wondering if something I can fix before I call dealer.

Thanks to all who respond
Do you have a push button start, or key? Alarms are different. There are 6 triggers that I know of: 4 doors, hood and trunk. Do you happen to know which is setting it off?

Welcome to the forum! :00000732:

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Are you sitting on your keys and pressing the panic button? Happened to me intermittently until I glued the panic button...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem with the alarm system of my sonata is that every time i would press the "lock" button, the signal lights are supposed to light up but in my case it does not light up anymore. So i always have to manually check if the doors are really locked. it's quite irritating doing that every time. and then the alarm also goes off even at night inside the garage. anyone there who can tell me exactly how to reset the whole system so that it would light up again after pressing the lock button.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sounds in this case like one of the switches is not being satisfied, so the alarm doesn't arm properly. The first one I would check is under the hood; the plunger switch has a rubber cover that can come off and make the alarm think the hood is always open. On North American models it's on the right front fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts