Hyundai Forums banner

2013 SF Sport lower brake lights not working

17K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  SweetLove69 
#1 ·
Top light works, blinkers work and hazards work. From what I can tell on the fuse diagram, there’s only one fuse for the brake light switch - unless I’m missing something? Could there be another fuse that would do it?
If it’s not a fuse, and it’s clearly not the brake pedal switch since the top light works, could it be an issue with the turn signal switch interrupting the brake lights somehow? Loose wire or something? That’s a whole other ball of wax to undertake. Thanks y’all!

#5 ·
Are you talking about the red lights in the lower bumper or some lights in the main tail-light group?

The reflects in the bumpers are not lit unless your husband replaced them with the Korean or European units.

#19 ·
Are you talking about the red lights in the lower bumper or some lights in the main tail-light group? The reflects in the bumpers are not lit unless your husband replaced them with the Korean or European units.
I have been looking for someone to answer this question. I just acquired a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport AWD and I wanted to know if the lights in the back bumper are suppose to be lit, or are they just there taking up space (as reflects) like you said? You mentioned something about Korean and European Units. Does that mean that they are able to be changed and light up along with the other brake lights? (Please be patient with me, don't know much about the mechanics of vehicles). Your help and response will be greatly appreciated.

#7 ·
Did you check the light bulbs? If there aren't any....

This thread requires a picture pointing out what doesn't work

#9 ·
Hector need to stick to handing parts across counter.. Blown fuse makes open circuit,, how do you blow a bulb when circuit is open and no power get to the load (bulb) ???

Got lights that dont work,, look at bulb first,, it is weak point in circuit

#12 ·
Yes, my hazards and blinkers were working. Honestly why would I lie about that??? I came here for help to get it fixed, what good would being untruthful do? Only one filament in each of the dual filament bulbs was broken. I checked both of those things before I even came here to ask. Like I said. And yes, it took me a few days - my husband and I have a newborn, and we work opposite shifts with no child care and we have one car. Sometimes things just take a little longer.

#15 ·
The YF Sonata had bad sockets for the brake lights, the contacts were weak, and would get bad connections to the bulb,I had to bend mine to get them to work reliably, maybe the banging is a bad bulb, or loose socket

#17 · (Edited)
I have seen a bad bulb, corroded socket, or weak contacts cause this.
There is usually a harness connector that connects the small wiring harness for the bulbs to the rest of the car, it could have a bad ground connection in there as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.