Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Santa Fe originally "passed" the engine recall in 2017 when I took it in. Today the engine gave out for no reason. I know from the recall they did an extended warranty up to 120k miles. I am kind of getting the run around from my dealership I deal with and can't really get a straight answer to make sure I'm covered. I know about the class action lawsuit that's going around as well and I'm not sure what to do. And was looking for any advice. Thanks all so much!.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
"Gave out" is rather vague. As an example, simply shutting down could be either mechanical or electrical. A Dealer is not going to commit to replacing your engine until they have diagnosed the failure. You may be ask to authorize a diagnostic charge in the event that your failure is not related to the recall. Standard practice.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't have an answer but just curious, what year and how many miles on your Santa Fe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer both. The engine seized. No warning signs prior to. No oil light, check engine light on. Went to accelerate, then it just died and the engine oil and battery light came on. All electrical stuff still works. It's a 2013 with 111k on it. So it should be covered under the extended warranty that Hyundai gave the recall engines which is just why I'm not sure it matters.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yup, it's covered up to 120,000 miles, at least.
Now that coverage is for what they car engine debris, so if they can prove it died from another problem????????????
Typical dealership runaround. Wait for their reply then take necessary action if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, it's covered up to 120,000 miles, at least.
Now that coverage is for what they car engine debris, so if they can prove it died from another problem????????????
Typical dealership runaround. Wait for their reply then take necessary action if needed.
Yea I figured that exactly. I just figured with the recall warranty and the class action lawsuit specifically for this engine problem it wouldn matter much. Because the warranty and lawsuit talks about any engine failure not just the rods.

·
Registered
223 Posts
"Because the warranty and lawsuit talks about any engine failure not just the rods." That's my understanding. I think you'll be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts