Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone managed to break any fingers when closing the hatch door on the 2013 Santa Fe because if you don't remove them quick enough it bends them right back. OUCH!!! :(:eek:

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
This can also happen when you are closing the door behind you. Or even still, trip over your own foot. Just dont chew and walk at the same time pls.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Anyone managed to break any fingers when closing the hatch door on the 2013 Santa Fe because if you don't remove them quick enough it bends them right back. OUCH!!! :(:eek:

Gazza!!!

I can see that happening if you had too many of these...:beer:...otherwise, no..

·
Registered
870 Posts
I always pull that with the palm of my hand facing me, that way as it's going down my hand will always come off easily and not get stuck like you're mentioning.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually pull 1/2 way down and just push on the outside the other 1/2.
Yep that is the way I close it, but a friend of mine without knowing this closed it rather quickly and bent his fingers back,
Just a warning because it can happen.

Gazza!!!

·
Banned
532 Posts
Haven't done that one yet but there's still plenty of time. However, if I may another warning.....

I just about popped the door hinges when a gust of wind hit as I opened the door, there's no place to quickly grab when you open the door at the same time a gust comes.

Only with pure luck was I able to get my fingers into the cut out in the arm rest, another second and that door would have been 95 degree's to the body side. Look at your interior door handle and though operationally it's very smooth you only have that cut out to pull or grab the door closed. Granted, I was used to an Explorer that had a strap to close the door and maybe it's getting used to a new car but it sure caught my attention.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll usually just grab the inside loop handle and pull down briskly about a third of the way and lest go. The motion is sufficient to close the rear hatch. I'm over 6" tall so maybe that helps.

Yeah, I've had the wind catch the door a few times, not a lot to grab on to when sitting.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Haven't done that one yet but there's still plenty of time. However, if I may another warning.....

I just about popped the door hinges when a gust of wind hit as I opened the door, there's no place to quickly grab when you open the door at the same time a gust comes.

Only with pure luck was I able to get my fingers into the cut out in the arm rest, another second and that door would have been 95 degree's to the body side. Look at your interior door handle and though operationally it's very smooth you only have that cut out to pull or grab the door closed. Granted, I was used to an Explorer that had a strap to close the door and maybe it's getting used to a new car but it sure caught my attention.
Whoops--I forgot to say the above post is about the front doors.......not the hatch.

Timeout corner for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts