Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! I'm new to this forum and have a quick question;

I would like to know if a 2017 Santa Fe stereo with apple play will fit a 2013 Santa fe sport? I want to keep my steering control options and that’s why I’m looking away from aftermarket stereo unless someone knows of one that will work.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Once they get the search function restored (ha) for the forums, you'll have an easier time. I'm fairly confident someone tried swapping out actual Hyundai head units and it didn't work (wiring harness differences). For the OEM units, your big issue is going to be what type of system your current vehicle has (seems that if they have the Dimension audio you can replace it, but not if you have the upgraded one or vice versa, I can't remember) and if your vehicle climate controls are displayed on the head unit.

There are some Android powered head units (don't know how they do Carplay, or if that's important), but they are expensive, plus the wiring harnesses necessary to retain all features, plus the installation. Not sure how the longevity of the units are, or how long the manufacturer sticks around (they seem to be on ALI express mostly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts