Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Santa Fe Sport took a rock to the windshield last night and the crack is too long to repair, so it needs to be replaced. But the glass companies are asking if I have a heated windshield or one with a rain sensor. I don't think I have either, but I was wondering if there's an easy way to tell whether or not I have that type or just a plain windshield. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not finding a ton of info on Google, but it seems like this feature might be limited to the 2.0T version? Mine is a 2.4 liter model. And not the top of the line - no touchscreen stereo, no leather seats (front seats are heated though), etc.

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
410 Posts
Not finding a ton of info on Google, but it seems like this feature might be limited to the 2.0T version? Mine is a 2.4 liter model. And not the top of the line - no touchscreen stereo, no leather seats (front seats are heated though), etc.
Ours is a '14 with heated windshiel but it has the higher package with steering wheel heater, mirror signals... etc. Unless you have your original sticker, I think your best bet is just calling a dealer to find out which you have. I don't even think myhyundai.com would have that info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ours is a '14 with heated windshiel but it has the higher package with steering wheel heater, mirror signals... etc. Unless you have your original sticker, I think your best bet is just calling a dealer to find out which you have. I don't even think myhyundai.com would have that info.
That's what I ended up doing just now. It appears I do have the one with the heated area where the wipers are, but not the condensation sensor/auto defogger option. Thanks for the reply though!

·
Registered
230 Posts
My wife's Santa Fe Sport took a rock to the windshield last night and the crack is too long to repair, so it needs to be replaced. But the glass companies are asking if I have a heated windshield or one with a rain sensor. I don't think I have either, but I was wondering if there's an easy way to tell whether or not I have that type or just a plain windshield. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
My 2013 did not have a heated windshield when I bought it. After a big rock strike I had to have it replaced. I wasn't asked which one I had, and the replacement came with the heating element in it. The wiring was apparently in place because the heating worked in the new windshield. An unexpected surprise.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
dunno when it started, we have a 2016 elantra. if you go to myhyundai.com, and register your car, you can display your window sticker, and it will tell you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts