Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a basic model 2013 Santa Fe with no roof rack.

I ask the dealer about installing one for me but they said they will not drill holes into the roof to install it.
I just figured the two black strips that are mounted on the roof where the roof rack would go could be taken off and the rack bolted on. I guess this is not the case.

I figured I would buy the rack and do it my self.
I guess the headliner would have to come down.

Can any one tell me how the two black strips are attached to the roof . I don't want to just start prying on it and break something.

·
Banned
532 Posts
You want to order cross bars, they will attach to your roof rails. If you look at the rails you'll see I believe 3 hole, fore and aft on each side. There's also a load limit on these, confirm it. You can also search the title subject and you'll find pages and pages ....... and pages on the subject.

BTW-------:00000732:

·
Banned
532 Posts
Some people should read the op clearly before offering advice.
It appears you don't understand the intent of questions, advice was sought after and I provided an option the OP may not have been aware of.

Since roof rails weren't defined and no mention of dealer input on these was made I provided the easiest option available short of drilling out rivets, ripping off the roof rails, drilling into sheet metal, priming the drilled sheet metal, removing the headliner, replacing the headliner and caulking on a new vehicle.

I look forward to your input on how the OP can proceed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts