Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very nice and great job with the retrofit. I am having a retrofit done on my new headlights for the sonata. Should have them by the end of the month.

·
Registered
289 Posts
nicely done! How does it look during the day, is it still bright?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice and great job with the retrofit. I am having a retrofit done on my new headlights for the sonata. Should have them by the end of the month.
Thanks, my brother had a same car, should be next project for me as well. Hope to see your soon.

nicely done! How does it look during the day, is it still bright?
You meant the DRL ?
It is still bright but not as bright like the new Lexus or Accord. I could have them even brighter (3 times)if I go with 1 color. As you can see my is dual colors.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Nice, well done. That is a ton of work and know-how. I don't think I am adventurous enough to try that.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nice. I would only do the projector swap if I had to do mine, not bother with all the LED stuff. But looks nice and seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice, well done. That is a ton of work and know-how. I don't think I am adventurous enough to try that.
Nice. I would only do the projector swap if I had to do mine, not bother with all the LED stuff. But looks nice and seems to work pretty well.
Thanks guys
Completely agreed with BSoares, the led about 2-3 times more work compare swap projectors. I did it bc I worked with led a lot, just some new things I wanted to try out. I figured while I am at it just do what I could.
Swap projectors is much easier but still not really a easy job, I done it 3 times. This is a main reason and a huge benefit why I started the project. Hope you guys will try and have the same outcome like mine.
Just something I also want to show in this thread that I did(home made) for my dome, and license, back up light(this one bright as **** lol)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing your modifications.

What did you use for the back up lights, and how does it compare to the OE for brightness?

Have you done anything to your fog lights?
John
I use material from 1156 bulbs from my own vendor, opened them up and wired 5 of them in parallel. THIS IS NOT COMPLETELY THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT DUE TO HEAT. But again I know what I do and how I will use it, also whatever I have around for what I going for. I can go like 3 mins and should not be any problem, but I never backing up more than that.
I can't give you exact measurement, I easily I can say 10 times brighter. People saw my headlight and my work, but reverse light always surprised them most. I wish today is weekend, I will try some shot.
I have not do the fog, still not have solid idea. Beside for recent time, me and the wife were talked about the long wheel base with new opts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is I did to the license
Total of 36 led(2 sections from original led bulb), wired them up with a 194 adaptor. The width is small enough and slice in the housing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's a shame I don't have anyone close in my town to buy from and do the install!!

They are all very nice!!

Good Job!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a shame I don't have anyone close in my town to buy from and do the install!!

They are all very nice!!

Good Job!
Thank you
I hear you man. My last car did not come with projectors, I had the same thought like you do now, will pay to have it.
Sometime money is worthless, that is the reason why I had to do it. It kicked my rear big time on the first retrofit. But I manage get it done. You might give it a try.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is the size of your projector? is it 2.5" or 3.0" planning to buy for mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts