Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend & I did a search & found nothing on this...
She owns a 2013 Santa Fe, got ready to leave her house & the battery was dead. Neighbor jumped her vehicle w/a jumper box & it started right up. BUT she lost all sound in her Radio/GPS/Phone connection. We have done a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for 15 plus minutes, pushed the tiny reset button w/a paper clip, the radio asks for no codes, even took it to the dealer & all they did was check fuses. No one can figure out why there's no sound. The radio did NOT loose its preset radio stations when disconnection the battery, and if someone calls her on the phone via Bluetooth to the vehicle, they can hear her speaking but she hears nothing.
Any one got any idea what might be wrong before she spend $200 at the dealer so they can put it on the computer && guess what may have happened?
Also what would be the proper way of jumping this vehicle if it ever happens again?? The neighbor did it like I always have, connect the positive first & then the ground, also read that everything should be off when jumping so there is no problems. Well, how would you know if everything is off if the battery was dead??? Thanks for any help that is given...joe

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,247 Posts
If just no sound: Check fuse AMP in the driver side fuse box and B/U LAMP in underhood fuse box

If no display: check fuses MULTI MEDIA and MODULE 4

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Then amp is probably toast. Its under the passenger seat, would check to see of power is going to it then check speaker outputs.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,414 Posts
If you have a spare speaker then hook it up and see if that works
If it works then probably bad connection
If it does not work then probably wiring or radio is not working

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a spare speaker then hook it up and see if that works
If it works then probably bad connection
If it does not work then probably wiring or radio is not working
So you're saying that by jumping the battery that went dead would blow all the speakers out in the stereo?? The stereo lights up, shows all the pre-set stations && when using the phone via blu-tooth the caller can hear my friend talk yet she hears nothing.... Can't be the radio & doubt jumping the vehicle would blow out all the speakers.. but thanks for the reply..

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
So you're saying that by jumping the battery that went dead would blow all the speakers out in the stereo?? The stereo lights up, shows all the pre-set stations && when using the phone via blu-tooth the caller can hear my friend talk yet she hears nothing.... Can't be the radio & doubt jumping the vehicle would blow out all the speakers.. but thanks for the reply..
Time for mr multimeter and a peek at the online service manual. At minimum a continuity test of the wiring between the radio and amplifier to start.

You can use a speaker to test the radio but would need to plug into the amp connector. If radio is working you will hear sound but it will be very low even at max volume.

However it seems like the amp has failed. If you pull out the connectors from it and check the powers and grounds, you should get 12 volts since fuses are ok. If so, the amp is dead and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,414 Posts
No, I did not say that.
Only suggested to test the speakers, wiring and radio.
Cuz those are the only things that can cause no sound to come out of speakers.
Whatever caused it to fail is beyond me.
You are using faulty logic to troubleshoot the problem.
Can't be the radio? If you test and find it is not the speakers or wiring then what is left?
Do the tests. Hopefully it is just the wiring. Easy repair and no parts needed.

Note:If you have an amp in the system then check that out too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts