Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this vehicle. I am looking to install a trailer hitch and wiring. I need a five flat harness for my boat with surge brakes. The fifth wire goes to reverse light to disengage surge brakes when backing up. I took this picture of my Santa Fe just under the left rear quarter panel and am assuming this is the tow prep package? Any have any recommendation as to what brand harness to purchase?
Anyone else use a five flat harness and have advice as to where to tie into the car for the reverse light?

Does installing my own wiring harness and hitch void any part of warranty? I had a friend who owns a honda odyssey mini van and he said the dealership said honda would void warranty if he installed his own. Just wondering if hyundai has the same policy?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hitch and wiring will not void warranty. Hacking into the harness could. I just have a standard flat 4 terminal connector. Call a hitch company and ask what they suggest. I bought the curt hitch as most others iI believe here did as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts