Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, I'd like to put on a rear bumper protector that is more substantial than the 3M film offered by the dealer. Possibility stainless steel (preferred) or rubber. The are plenty on EBay but all for the Korean market shorter model. I would also like to protect the plastic piece between the carpet of the cargo area and top of the rear bumper. Anyone know if this is available ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,I went with the 3M film,because of the small amount of space between the bumper and hatch. Hopefully it will not be an issue with snow and ice.I believe the dealers offer a pull out carpet that covers the plastic?

·
Registered
756 Posts
It seems to me that the bumper deck is both lower than the cargo floor and short enough not to be much exposed...
Could guys post a picture of the end result and maybe a link t the product you are using?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Give it a little time. Soon the Koreans should come up with more stuff for the big one. It only came out 2 months ago..ish.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I broke down and purchased the OEM film protection about a month ago but just got a chance to install it yesterday. It went on easily, the instruction's were clear and the squeegee is included. Now is see our Korean friends are marketing a stainless steel unit for the top of the rear bumper just like "Vit" said.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did anyone find a stainless rear bumper protector for the outer bumper (where the painted surface is) for the Santa Fe XL/LWB version? Does the sport/SWB model have the same countour for the back bumper?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't know if the short wheel base and long wheel base model has the same rear bumper sill? The seller of the protector doesn't really know as his photos shows the SWB?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyone know of the santa fe LWB and santa fe SWB has the same rear outer bumper sill? I'm looking into the stainless steel outer bumper sill protector but I only see them on the SWB version, don't know if it is the same as the LWB model?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts