Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice/thoughts on a noise coming from the front suspension. I have 103k km on my Santa Fe and there is a squeaking noise when going over bumps. Now I've recently looked and it doesn't seem like a bad ball joint, stabilizer bar, tie-rod. Now could it be a bushing somewhere in the linkage that would wear out this fast? Looking for thoughts on what it could be. I will be going to the dealer in 2 weeks for an oil change but not sure the problem will be covered under warranty..... I have 7yr-140km so I'm hoping so but this may be considered a wear part and not. Last thing I will say is they did replace a ball joint under warranty which is a wear part. Thanks for any help/thoughts.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Could be a bushing on the stabiliser bar. They deteriorate with age and go hard. I've had one car with high milage and they were worn so much they clunked, hard as plastic. I've had another squeak and groan over humps and also would depend on temperature. These were i30 but same principal with most cars I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts