Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I seen the posts of aftermarket solutions to the lack of roof rails on the 2013 pano, my question is... does anyone know if the 2014 pano factory roof rails can be retrofitted to the 2013?

BTW super new to the forums, love the car, will try to post some pics whenever I get a chance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So I seen the posts of aftermarket solutions to the lack of roof rails on the 2013 pano, my question is... does anyone know if the 2014 pano factory roof rails can be retrofitted to the 2013?

BTW super new to the forums, love the car, will try to post some pics whenever I get a chance.
You can get Genuine Hyundia roof racks from the dealer for 2013 models.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Someone mentioned in the other thread about panoramic roof that 2014 had been restructured along the roof to acomodate the roof rails. I don't think anybody actually checked if that was done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you guys referring to the roof rails that go along the side or the cross members that go between them? Or both? Our 2014 SFS 2.0T came with the roof rails and Pano roof. No cross members. I haven't checked but not sure if the cross members cause some issue when the roof is open. We don't plan to get them any way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2013 pano do not have roof rails (along sides), the change was implemented for 2014 thus I'm wondering if they can be retrofitted to the 2013. If the roof was restructured/strengthened I guess it's a no go...

·
Registered
19 Posts
2013 pano do not have roof rails (along sides), the change was implemented for 2014 thus I'm wondering if they can be retrofitted to the 2013. If the roof was restructured/strengthened I guess it's a no go...
Sorry, I really don't know. I haven't seen anything that mentions changes to the structure, however. Give your dealer a call.

I have them both on the 2014 - the rails and the crossmember.
That's good to know. I originally thought it was a bit odd ours came only with side rails. My wife came from a Rav4 that had a roof rack. She has asked whether she could get the crossmembers. Hasn't said a thing about it lately. I'd love to see a pic if you have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So called my dealer, and apparently 2014s come predrilled from the factory for the rails (not sure if threads are actually welded in, or just tapped), that would be the right way to go. It would be cool if one of the 2014 owners checked how their rails are mounted (what mounting hardware). Starting to lean to the aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I contacted my local dealer, the kid,in parts dept' there said it couldn't be done. Because of restructuring, IMO I think the jury's still out. Gonna ask the body guys at the dealer to look into it. There are the plastic panels that run along sides of the pano(door tops). Those pop out of place. I saw one at the dealer that was off. I'm not entirely sure and can't remember how much metal was under these panels to pre drill/ customize the retro. I'm sure it can be done. For the right$$$

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Might be nice to know what if any impact there is on warranty with respect to the pano sunroof - I looked at aftermarket solution from whispr bar but couldn't get any definitive info from Hyundai regards warranty impact.
I've heard these types of sunroofs are pretty costly to replace - there was a post on here regards one that had shattered but I don't think the replacement cost was ever identified.
Rack Attack in CO gave me a estimate I think of 1.5 hr labor to install the whispr bar so it can't be all that complicated of an install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 2013 Limited with pano and it does have the roof rails (along the sides) and it has pre-drilled holes for the cross members.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I contacted my local dealer, the kid,in parts dept' there said it couldn't be done. Because of restructuring, IMO I think the jury's still out. Gonna ask the body guys at the dealer to look into it. There are the plastic panels that run along sides of the pano(door tops). Those pop out of place. I saw one at the dealer that was off. I'm not entirely sure and can't remember how much metal was under these panels to pre drill/ customize the retro. I'm sure it can be done. For the right$$$
According to this part list from Hyundai they have them for pano roofs.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-d...nta-fe-hyundai-genuine-accessories-chart.html
It lists it as a roof rack for pano roofs. Part # 013DP-67001
The cross rails for vehicle's with roof rails is Part#013DP-67000

·
Registered
228 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts