Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fella ask me about Steering Recognition in the '13 Elantra, I had a GT for PDI and forgot, but lucked into a regular Elantra for PDI the other day and went into Software Management for EPS while plugged in with GDS.

In the pics you note a constant 17" noted as the current setting, the car was 17" as from Hyundai, the screen capture would not allow me to capture the whole drop down list of choices, so I had to do them individually

BTW... I have no idea what Mexico is about ...

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does the 17" mean? 17" wheel size cal?
Refer to post #1 :D

This particular chassis had 17" wheels on it as received from Hyundai off the transport truck to dealer.. hence the "North America 17" as current setting..

·
Registered
952 Posts
Refer to post #1 :D

This particular chassis had 17" wheels on it as received from Hyundai off the transport truck to dealer.. hence the "North America 17" as current setting..
So if my car came with 17" wheels and "North America 17" should be selected and I wanted a stiffer steering and/or to fix wondering issue, then I should ask to have "North America Sporty Suspension" set?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What people fail to realize I think is that the change of setting only change "feel" (pre-load) of steering wheel.. the setting does nothing for changing the align numbers (toe & camber) that in most case is responsible for the wandering..

The Elantra is stupid for align numbers out back, stupid gross numbers for no good reason that I know of, other than to make car feel "twitchy" , and prematurely wear out tires out back with edge wear and cupping/sawtooth leading to noisey tires. If the rear was to be made adjustable, then overall somebody could set the car up to drive a whole lot nicer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts