Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has recently thrown a p0326 code I took it to my mechanic did a quick check and he could not here any ping or knock. So he cleared the code and 2 weeks later now it throws the same code again on the exact same hill (the hill is very steep on both sides) but even on tbe hill i,have not heard ant unusual noise. can anyone help with a diagnosis. I'm a chevy guy so I'm new to hyundia's help the new kid out please

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Most cars have an inbuilt fialsafe where if the knock sensor or circuit fail (detected during startup) the ECU will pull some timing out to protect the engine and because of this you will notice a loss of power. You won't hear any pinging because of the timing now several degrees lower than it usually is. Let me know if that's the case with low power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
as far as I can tell neither time that it has thrown this code do i lose any power i have no problems before or after driving at freeway speeds nor do i have any fluctuation of my average RPM while driving at speeds of 65 to 75 and my acceleration does not seem to have any obvious change plus its not throwing the code at start up but 15 to 30 minutes into a drive i make almost everyday and both times it was on the exact same place a rather steep hill (now normally this would be of no concern but it is a little weird that it happened withing 100 feet of the same spot on the side of a hill )

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
I'm sure there has been Hyundai TSB issued relating to spurious triggering of the 326 code on the RB Accent. I think there is a software update for the engine PCM to correct the issue. You'll need to visit your dealer for that though.

Maybe @sbr711 could confirm.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
See dealer for update...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i found the problem

I took some time this morning sense im off and started checking a few things and well im not sure if im screwed or if i can fix this my self i have oil in the oil well of one of my spark plugs only one so im thinking either valve cover gasket or head gasket if its actually in the cylinder. im not sure i can do the head gasket my self. I think and am hopeful its just the valve cover gasket but anyone else opinion would be helpful

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
It would be the gasket around the plug well. Some are part of the valve cover gasket some are individual. They all come as a set with the valve cover gasket.

It would not be the head gasket.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's not possible to remove valve cover to replace valve cover gasket without disconnecting and removing the high pressure fuel pump. That is beyond my experience level even with the factory service manual in hand. I was gonna check valve clearances like you're supposed to at 60K miles, but got blocked by the need to remove the high pressure fuel pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not possible to remove valve cover to replace valve cover gasket without disconnecting and removing the high pressure fuel pump. That is beyond my experience level even with the factory service manual in hand. I was gonna check valve clearances like you're supposed to at 60K miles, but got blocked by the need to remove the high pressure fuel pump.
Is it that you could not get the pump off or that you could not release the pressure in it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Didn't try. Service Manual includes this warning regarding the pump: "In case of removing the high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pipe, delivery pipe, and injector, there may be injury caused by leakage of the high pressure fuel. So don’t do any repair work right after engine stops."

They weren't even warning of damage to the engine there, but of injury to the technician. "Injury" is definitely outside my comfort zone. of course removing the valve cover gasket should be a routine procedure, but...

I don't know of measures that can relieve the pressure in the lines near the pump, so I'm not comfortable disconnecting it. Is just waiting a while good enough to avoid damage/injury? How long of a wait is long enough? Don't know.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Didn't try. Service Manual includes this warning regarding the pump: "In case of removing the high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pipe, delivery pipe, and injector, there may be injury caused by leakage of the high pressure fuel. So don’t do any repair work right after engine stops."

They weren't even warning of damage to the engine there, but of injury to the technician. "Injury" is definitely outside my comfort zone. of course removing the valve cover gasket should be a routine procedure, but...

I don't know of measures that can relieve the pressure in the lines near the pump, so I'm not comfortable disconnecting it. Is just waiting a while good enough to avoid damage/injury? How long of a wait is long enough? Don't know.

GDI pump is of no concern.. it is the delivery pipe between pump to injector rail that the issue is related to

You can unscrew the line at the pump and rail.. fuel may spritz out.. use shop rag to contain initial spritz.. the end..

Remove 2 screw holding pump to pad, lift pump with low pressure line and set off to side

Remove cam cover screws,, remove cover

Here is the concern --> delivery pipe is a 1 time use part,, install new part and torque nut at each end to proper value given using Hyundai SST or suitable method-tool

Set GDI pump in place, torque the 2 bolts to 98 in-lb I think it is... start pipe nuts at each end and finger tight to center fuel pipe, torque the nuts to 21 lb-ft

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car has recently thrown a p0326 code I took it to my mechanic did a quick check and he could not here any ping or knock. So he cleared the code and 2 weeks later now it throws the same code again on the exact same hill (the hill is very steep on both sides) but even on tbe hill i,have not heard ant unusual noise. can anyone help with a diagnosis. I'm a chevy guy so I'm new to hyundia's help the new kid out please

I had this same issue with my 2012 Accent and took it to the dealer for an ECU update, and it fixed it and never came back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the Hundyai dealer charge you to update the ECU? I called Bob Mayberry Hundyai and they told me it would cost me $90 to diagnose. I already know it is a P0326 code from my own diagnostic tool. What would they tell me that is different than this? I replaced the knock sensor with an OEM part and the same thing happens. Usually comes on when I am climbing a hill or put extra strain on the small 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
It's usually the timing map in the ECU that needs reprogrammed to different values. They only do this with mass problems and not individual cases.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did the Hundyai dealer charge you to update the ECU? I called Bob Mayberry Hundyai and they told me it would cost me $90 to diagnose. I already know it is a P0326 code from my own diagnostic tool. What would they tell me that is different than this? I replaced the knock sensor with an OEM part and the same thing happens. Usually comes on when I am climbing a hill or put extra strain on the small 4 cylinder engine.
Description:

This bulletin provides information related to an ECM (Engine Control Module) software update for certain 2012~2013MY ACCENT(RB) and VELOSTER(FS) 1.6L GDI vehicles that may experience either of the following:

 Check engine light for DTC P0326 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1),

or

 Spark knock noise on heavy acceleration in warm ambient temperatures,

or

 Check engine light for DTC P0441 - Canister Purge Valve (CPV) - Incorrect CPV Flow

355 -- RB 1.6GDI ENGINE DTC(P0326/P0441) IMPROVEMENT

BUT,,,,,, they should install 429, as it is the latest version software that supercede previous updates

429 -- RB 1.6GDI PCSV MIL LAMP ON(P0441) IMPROVEMENT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts