Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry,
I psted this in the newbie section but reposting here

Hello, and thanks for having me on this website.
I own a 2013 Volaster and it has been extremely good to me up until a month ago.
Started out with check engine light so I brought it to the dealer. They found nothing wrong and reset the light. OK - I continued to drive and then noticed extreme hesitation/stalling, ONLY when making right turns. Then the instrument panel went out and the speedometer and Tach stopped working.
Back to the dealer and they corrected the speedometer/Tach issue but couldn't replicate the stalling on right turns.
I went through this 4 times to the dealer, they finally found the same issue I was having with stalling on right turns, and they finally said, "buy a new car"-We don't know what it is and can't fix it.
150,000 miles on it and it drives great, but make a right turn and she stalls. Hyundai can't fix it and I KNOW this has to be a simple thing going on. Catalytic converter is fine according to diagnostics. ??????
Any ideas?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,292 Posts
Can you tell us what code was logged when the dealer reset the light?
When you say the instrument panel went out was it just the tach and speedo that stopped working? What about the fuel & temp gauges?
The tach and speedo failing is often a sign that there is a CAN BUS fault preventing the vehicle and engine speed data from getting to the instrument panel. But I don't think a CAN fault would cause the engine to stall though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had left the vehicle with the dealer and he didn't make mention of any code so I don't know. I do know that before she stalls, it feels and sounds like it is running out of gas and there is extreme loss of power. BUT! ONLY making a right turn. You could be driving miles on the highway with no turns and the car is perfect. Left turn, no issue. Right turn, she starts to fail, loss of power, and finally shuts down. They said they did everything they could think of and even changed a float or something. (Didn't know there were floats with fuel injection). Finally, it was just the speedo and Tach that stopped but that is now working after the last dealer trip. No other gauges or lights were effected.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,292 Posts
The only float I can think of is the one that's part of the fuel tank level sensor. I don't see what that has to do with the running of the engine though.
I assume this is a GDi fuel system? How long have you owned the car? Do you know it's history?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the car as original owner from 2013. It IS a GDI fuel system. No accidents and never an issue. All of a sudden, this stuff happens with right turns. Can't drive it anymore until I find a fix or buy a car and financially that isn;'t possible right now. I will call the dealer and mention somethings you said and see if that rings a bell with him. They say they checked everything, but who knows. Thanks for the input and if you come up with anything directly related engine stally when turning, feel free to post!~ Thank you?!~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts