Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster and the O2 sensor went out. Auto parts stores want $265 for it so I ordered a universal o2 sensor said to work with the car. The plug from the original has a red, black,grey,white,and yellow wires. A total of 5. The new o2 sensor, a Bosch universal, only has 4 wires. 2 white, 1 black, and 1 grey... Anyone able to help me? TIA

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,292 Posts
Your talking about to completely different types of sensor here. The original 5 wire sensor will be a wideband linear sensor, while the Bosch one you've bought is a narrowband binary sensor. The two aren't interchangeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your talking about to completely different types of sensor here. The original 5 wire sensor will be a wideband linear sensor, while the Bosch one you've bought is a narrowband binary sensor. The two aren't interchangeable.
Really..? That sucks. Can you by chance recommend one somewhere that isnt almost 300 bucks.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,292 Posts
I believe the Hyundai sensor is 39210-2B210, which according to my application list is equivalent to DENSO 234-5055 and FACET 10.8413
The Denso number comes up on ebay at $126. It's the correct one for your car according to the compatibility check on the ebay page but I would contact the seller to confirm before purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts