1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill start with specs

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.4 18 inch rim version non turbo vin: 5NPEC4AC8DH715825
Miles: 60xxx

My sonata recently started to make a popping/thud sound in the front end area. Its not consistent, its not consecutive. It will happen once and then go away happen again and maybe occur one more time if not going away completely. It is ONLY after driving the car and never from a cold start. It happens when going over bumps sometimes. It sounds like a dent unforming out loud if that makes sense. As if a rock hit my hood or something. It happens after I drive and then park, and my driveway is kinda bumpy so I suspect its part of the suspension. I replaced sway bar links and shocks ( couldn't find sport suspension struts) and it did eliminate some rattling when going over speed bumps which I assume was sway bar links but the pop/knock sound remains. I've tried to give as much detail as possible but ask more if needed. PLEASE HELP its an annoying sound and I would like to fix it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
When you replace the struts, make sure you also replace bearing mount plates. Worn bearings will cause a pop/knock when going over bumps.

Worn out control arm bushings will also cause as similar noise. Check the ball joints too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least 3 different mechanics I trust have checked under there and "said" they checked the ball joints and tie rod ends and stuff like that and it all checked out. Now I'm not too mechanically inclined and don't know whether they're telling the truth but if they checked that stuff I imagine they checked the bearings too but in case not where are they located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts