Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe with 120k miles. About 6 months ago it wouldn't start all the electrical was working it went through this loud system check with lots of "clicks" and things flashing across the dashboard after various things I replaced the original battery and the car started up. About 10 times since then the car has done the same thing but ends up starting. Last night it did it again but this time it would not start. I was able to jump it and get it to start the battery ( only 6 mos old) quickly charged as did the alternator. This morning the car started with no trouble. I am unsure if this is an electrical issue or a starter issue or something else....any suggestions or feed back would be great. Thank you- Suzanne

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you try start what happens? Does it even turn over? If it doesn't then suddenly does and you've replaced the battery I would suspect a bad ground/connection somewhere. The battery being deady last night doesn't fit though any chance something was left on to drain it this time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you try start what happens? Does it even turn over? If it doesn't then suddenly does and you've replaced the battery I would suspect a bad ground/connection somewhere. The battery being deady last night doesn't fit though any chance something was left on to drain it this time?
I will try to get a video next time but I turned my car off to put air in the tire and then it when through this "system check" where all the icons light up on dashboard and quickly shift and move around while this is going on a series of loud clicks exist. Also why this is going on everything works the lights, windows, radio ect. When I push the start button all I hear are a series of loud clicks or it "chugs" and has a slow start.......this has been happening inconsistently for 6 mos

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same happened to my Santa Fe 2014 last summer everything light up and clicking noise when press start. This is what happened, I stopped at parking lot waiting for my wife to come out from the shopping mall and turned the car off while running AC on for like 10-15 minutes which I assumed drained all battery. I called CAA to give me a boost than when CAA arrived and checked battery the CAA Tech told me that battery is ok to start and will provide enough power to start on normal condition after I drive for few kms but it needs to be replaced because of low CCA otherwise it will happen again especially in wintertime. I replaced the battery with CAA which has CCA800 and it never happened to my car again. DO the test on you battery and see what CCA you get?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts