Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All,

I have 2013 Hyundai Sanata GLS, my kids are driving it to school, so only 25K miles on it, about 4 year and 6 month old. I usually change oil with Pennzoil Platinum engine oil with original Hyundai oil filter 26300-35504, I saw Pennzoil has ultra Platinum engine oil, so I order it, wonder is this ok?

Another question is do I need change transmission oil? If so, what kind of oil do I use? what is the original Hyundai oil part #? how many qrts do I need, I think I will do the drain and fill. do you have any instruction how to do it?

Coolant flash: do I need to do it? what kind of original coolant do I need? part #? instruction?

Thanks a lot
Frank

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Good Morning All,

I have 2013 Hyundai Sanata GLS, my kids are driving it to school, so only 25K miles on it, about 4 year and 6 month old. I usually change oil with Pennzoil Platinum engine oil with original Hyundai oil filter 26300-35504, I saw Pennzoil has ultra Platinum engine oil, so I order it, wonder is this ok?

Another question is do I need change transmission oil? If so, what kind of oil do I use? what is the original Hyundai oil part #? how many qrts do I need, I think I will do the drain and fill. do you have any instruction how to do it?

Coolant flash: do I need to do it? what kind of original coolant do I need? part #? instruction?

Thanks a lot
Frank
1) Oil brand is fine.
2) Do a VB search on "transmission fluid" and it will show several threads that address your questions.
3) Do a VB search on "coolant"

The information is there and its been debated (heavily I might add) on all three fronts.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Don't forget to read your owner's manual.

Reactions: Saleem

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in my car right now and Pennzoil Platinum before that. Both have worked well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
#2 OEM Part Number: 00232-19057. Get 4-5 quarts as mine took 3.5. No filter to change; no need to drop transmission pan (which is actually vertical on that vehicle).
#3 OEM Part Number: 00232-19010. It's a concentrate and will make 2 gal (mixed 50/50).

Agreed on the various posts that have already gone through great detail on procedures but all three you listed are pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
#2 OEM Part Number: 00232-19057. Get 4-5 quarts as mine took 3.5. No filter to change; no need to drop transmission pan (which is actually vertical on that vehicle).
#3 OEM Part Number: 00232-19010. It's a concentrate and will make 2 gal (mixed 50/50).

Agreed on the various posts that have already gone through great detail on procedures but all three you listed are pretty easy.
Odd, mine took 4.5+ qt of ATF? (no after-market cooler)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw someone post here how to drain the transmission fluid, well first to level the car to drain, or then left the frontcar and with the real car tire on the floor, and then left real and leave front car on the floor, to do do so can drain more old fluid? how you think? also when fill, keep eye on the level drain, make sure it start dripping the oil, so we know it is full. That is with car not running. after put back all the plug back in, have the car leveled, do I need need start try start the car, or to try "different speed"?? with auto transmission, that is dangerous to do? Hope to get more new oil in that is the goal, any recommendation?

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Frank, I'm not following what you're trying to say? :puzzled:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I would say read through the whole thread and I bet your questions are answered. Pics of said items are on other pages as well and can be used as reference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Morning All,

Thanks a lot
Frank
Pennzoil oil is what I used and good to go. Toyota used Pennzoil oil on every cars, trucks and suv. However Hyundai Used Mobile 1 for all their cars and suv. The tranny get the Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 Gallon and will take 3qt.25 if drain and fill. So next time buy 1qt or 2 so next time
You can add it with rest from the left over from the 1g. If you used some to poured inside so the old fluid can come out then get what I've stated above. The oem factory fluid cost $28.xx a qt so do you really want to paid that much.?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
ATF - 5qt SP4-M for the 2.4L 6-speeder...... 6qt if the car is a Turbo

Coolant - Hyundai Long Life if you prefer the OE coolant (dark green),, cost a little bit more,, we use it for WARRANTY claim repairs as per Hyundai rule.

Customer pay services,, plain old cheap everyday lime green,, O'Reilley stuff for last number of yr, seen Carquest, Shellzone, NAPA pass over part counter over the yrs

I mix full bottle of "raw" coolant to 3/4 bottle of water in large container and dispense from there.. I have others in shop that have bottle of raw in 1 hand,, and bottle of water in other hand and tip some left, and tip some right, tip a little more left, and tip a little more right.... have another I caught filling a dry system after recall engine replace,, dumped whole bottle of raw in the radiator, then chase it with water... people I work with...

Reactions: williamhood

·
Registered
407 Posts
ATF - 5qt SP4-M for the 2.4L 6-speeder...... 6qt if the car is a Turbo
So drain ATF in turbo, fill in 6 quarts, and then open the level check plug at idle when temp in between 120-140 and wait till it dribbles out? Can we expect a lot of fluid to come out? I plan to do a drain and fell next weekend with SP4-M.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
So drain ATF in turbo, fill in 6 quarts, and then open the level check plug at idle when temp in between 120-140 and wait till it dribbles out? Can we expect a lot of fluid to come out? I plan to do a drain and fell next weekend with SP4-M.
Friday night when you get home, start drain,, leave it sit overnight into Saturday to dribble.. If you want,, there is a 14mm hex plug on the case adjacent to the side pan at bottom of case,, you can remove it and dribble a wee bit more over time,, just make sure you put it back into correct hole, as the is a threaded hole right there next to it,, put it in wrong hole,,,, you have mess when oil pump takes off,, dont ask me how I know this

Put drain plug back in place and the 14mm hex plug if removed.

Remove plug at side pan, this will vent case so oil go right in

Add 3-4qt SP4-M

Start engine, let run minute or so, then add oil until it dribble out the port into pan.. hop in cabin, shift back and forth between P - R- D a handfull of times with foot firmly on brake pedal, and wait maybe 5-10 second between shifts,, put back in "P",, inspect oil level again and finish fill and re-install plug at side pan.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
how can I see the pics in the post above?

Frank
Because the site it was hosted on no longer is available. However if you READ the threads all of the bolts are referenced and shown. Go open your hood after reading the thread(s) and go LOOK.

The information is all there you have to put some of it together.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts