Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, what a difference this model is from my 2011 coupe.
The styling alone is worth a second look. I was driving through Grimsby a couple weeks ago, minding my own business when I caught a glimpse of a jet black 2013 Genesis coupe. This one was parked in the lot at Grimsby Hyundai.
So shiny.
Took it for a wee spin down the block and back.
nice...........:3gears:
now I just need to check with anyone who has one; do you like it? Have any problems? Regrets??
thanks in advance :clap::clap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2013 3.8 Grand Touring, Definitely the interior quality has gone way up, I also like the higher position of the GPS relative to how it was on the previous models.

In terms of the exterior there are actually a few changes that i only discovered after i bought the car (i thought the only difference was the front end), For example the tail lights are actually LED's and If you get the higher model the fog lights also have DRL's.

I test drove the 2.0T and i can tell you that the new twin scroll turbo makes a big difference, When you first floor it the engine drags a bit but then its just a huge amount of torque once the turbo kicks in.

The 3.8 feels completely different, You get much more torque from the beginning but you don't reach max torque until about 6k RPM, The sound is definitely better than the 2.0T, Once you reach 5K RPM this thing sounds amazing, One of the best sounding V6 engines i have heard.

I have 2000 miles on the car and have had no issues at all, I have the Automatic which is an 8 Speed, One thing i also did not notice in the beginning was that there is actually a Sport Mode (Not talking about Manual Mode) which makes the car shift much more aggressively, i think what it does is that it holds the RPM for a longer period of time, It definitely feels much better than the regular mode but i would think that it probably spends much more gas in sport mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts