Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive got a 13 Elantra GLS with the Preferred Package. Anyways the wife lost her keys and fob so I went online ordered the key and the new fob. My question here is do you HAVE to have Hyundai or a Locksmith program it or can you do it yourself. My car is a US model also. Another thing anyone know exactly how many fobs you can have max??? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
The US Elantra doesn't have an immobilizer, so the key should work in the ignition - once you get it cut.

You can't program the fob yourself. I'm not sure if it has to be done at a locksmith or the dealer, or if Home Depot might be able to do it, but you can't program a 2nd Fob from the first one like you can on some cars.

Not sure if there is a limit on how many you can have - but having to have the dealer program them, I wouldn't want to pay for too many of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I called Hyundai today they said it was $58.00 to program them. That is half an hour of labor and the cost of programming. Also confirmed you can have up to "2" working key fobs for your Hyundai Elantra 2012-2014.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You have key ignition, or push button start ?

Either way, RKE or Smartkey will need program at hyundai dealer using GDS..

Have both RKE or Smartkey present for progam during 1 sitting..

·
Registered
1 Posts
3013 elantra key

I have a 2013 Elantra sedan limited and lost one of my keys. I took it to a local locksmith and had a duplicate made under 5.00. The new key unlocks the door and starts the ignition

·
22,793 Posts
I have a 2013 Elantra sedan limited and lost one of my keys. I took it to a local locksmith and had a duplicate made under 5.00. The new key unlocks the door and starts the ignition
I did the same, but as a precautionary/preemptive strike. Have both OEM fobs/keys. Limited, but not PB start. I just wanted an extra key I could hide under the car...just in case I fell into a big vat of "stupid." Ace hardware...about $4. Took all of 5-7 minutes from store entry to exit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts