Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We only get 25-26 mpg. I've taken the car to the Hyundai service center and they ran a computer diagnostic. It needed a catalytic converter and tail pipe they told me.This cost us $1550 and the gas mileage was no better. So I took the car back and they ran another diagnostic and informed me it needed spark plugs which I replaced myself. Still 25-26 mpg. The number one reason we bought the car was for the good gas mileage we expected. We're retired and drive like it. Does anyone have an idea why our car is not getting 32+ mpg ?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
No idea other than driver error. You don't want to baby it to much as that can be as bad as a heavy foot.

·
Registered
936 Posts
1) Did you buy it new?
2) How many miles on the vehicle?
3) Did the mpg suddenly drop, or always been this constant?
4) Are the mpg numbers city, mixed, or highway?

My 2012 gets 32 mpg city, 37ish mpg mixed, and over 45 mpg at 65 mph on the highway. Mine is a manual 6 speed transmission by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) Did you buy it new?
2) How many miles on the vehicle?
3) Did the mpg suddenly drop, or always been this constant?
4) Are the mpg numbers city, mixed, or highway?

My 2012 gets 32 mpg city, 37ish mpg mixed, and over 45 mpg at 65 mph on the highway. Mine is a manual 6 speed transmission by the way. Wow. incredible. But then that makes me more disappointed with my automatic.
We bought it used about six months ago. It had 94,000 miles and we noticed that it was not getting the mileage we had expected. One month after we had the car the check engine light came on .We were in Auburn AL. at the time so I took it to the Auto Zone and the said it was a knock sensor. The next day I took it to the Hyundai dealer there and they said it only needed to be updated (what ever that means) which they did. Don't know if any of this is pertinent. I know very little about engines. The miles we drive would be mixed . County. Douglasville, Ga. Could it be the transmission geared too low ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts