Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the driver's side (left) sunvisor on my 2013 accent gs broke. I tried to drop it down to hold a sun screen in place, and I heard a crunching sound. Then the visor would not stay up against the roof of the car. Super dangerous while driving. I took the visor down and found that the small plastic frame had snapped where it holds the hinge in place.
Now the fun part: The few replacements I have found for sale online are going for a minimum of USD $140.00!! That is INSANE.
Does anyone have any clue where to find this part at a reasonable price?
Barring that, does anyone know how to repair this part?

For curiosity, does anyone know why they are so expensive? The materials are definitely not worth $140.00!! It's a cheap piece of plastic and foam with a plastic cover.. no way am I paying $140.00 to replace it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Recently the driver's side (left) sunvisor on my 2013 accent gs broke. I tried to drop it down to hold a sun screen in place, and I heard a crunching sound. Then the visor would not stay up against the roof of the car. Super dangerous while driving. I took the visor down and found that the small plastic frame had snapped where it holds the hinge in place.
Now the fun part: The few replacements I have found for sale online are going for a minimum of USD $140.00!! That is INSANE.
Does anyone have any clue where to find this part at a reasonable price?
Barring that, does anyone know how to repair this part?

For curiosity, does anyone know why they are so expensive? The materials are definitely not worth $140.00!! It's a cheap piece of plastic and foam with a plastic cover.. no way am I paying $140.00 to replace it.
Have you tried your local Scrap/Recycle yards?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts