Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the manual. I've searched these forums for ages. I've sat in the car and fiddled..... I can't work this out. How do you pause or turn off the radio, or a CD or the USB, or an iPod.

*This is the fancy top-of-the-line system in Oz that is also a full Sat Navigation system/screen.

There is only one power button for both. If you want the map or navigation on, the radio/CD/USB/ipod (whatever you have selected) is ON.

Yes, you can turn the sound down or mute it. But you can't stop or pause it. If you turn it off, the Nav/Map goes off too.

Am I missing something. Often you want to stop your music playing for a while while you talk, or drive through a town, but you don't want to turn off the navigation. Then (if you've muted it), it is 4 songs further along....... :eek:

(Yes this is my first post on a non-motorbike forum.)

***2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander diesel auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, a bit more practice and experience shows you have to press mode and go to e.g. radio, then press mute. Then when you later go back to your USB or CD, it is still where you left it.
But whenever you hang up the phone, or do anything, the volume comes back at full bore. And you have to mute it again..... Not the best design IMHO.

It's not as if the technology is there, after all even with the screen turned off, it automatically comes on if you go into reverse (for the reverse camera).

Edit: As soon as you turn it on so that you turn it on so you can make a phone call - radio comes on and you have to mute it to think.... Then when you hang up, radio/CD/USB comes on AGAIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts