Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a recently purchase 2013 Hyundai H-1 iLoad with the 2.5L CRDi diesel motor that has traveled just over 120,000km. Is anyone able to please advise if the engine is fitted with a timing belt or chain? If a belt does it have a maintenance schedule?

The timing cover on the front of the engine (picture attached) looks more belt like but I cannot find a reference to a replacement schedule in the maintenance part of the owners manual and belts usually are replaced around 100,000 to 120,000km...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the timing cover is plastic and easy to remove it's belt. If it's sealed metal it's chain
It's metal (thin tin type) but the seal looks to be foam. But I believe you to be correct that it is a chain as I looked at parts on eBay and they have a listing for a replacement timing chain kit to suit it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
on the
2.5 CRDi engine

Its a chain actually 3 chains make the timing system completed with 3 hydraulic tensioners and a several guides take a look at the Russian youtube guy fitting new chains also dont believe the story "chains are for life" the modern day diesle engine needs them changing at least around the 90000 to100000 mile mark, Hyundia and Kia (same engine)are one of the worst for timing chain rattle, also get the oil pick up gauze checked as the are prone to clogging especially if you dont do oil and filter change with the right oil and a good oil filter at recomended or before intervals. Im just in the process of changing my chains and sump oil pickup filter as its rattling like a can of marbles plusim doing the fibre belt for alternator, ac pump, water pump,and power steering pump drive belt while i have the front end bumper grill skin removed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts