Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Elantra GT, tech package, 4 cylinder automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I've been having electrical issues with my GT on and off for about a year. It used to be intermittent, but now it's constant. I brought it into the dealer, they replaced a part (I'm not a car person, but they replaced an electrical box?), brought it in again when the problem continued, they said a connection had corroded and they sanded it. I'm hoping someone might have pointers on the next steps I should take to figure out what the problem is and possibly fix it myself.
At this point, when I start my car, I don't have power to any of the heat/fan controls. Everything on that panel is out, except for the heated seats. Sometimes the indicator lights on the buttons flicker, other times they're just out completely. So I've effectively lost heat, AC, fans, defrosters, and the display that shows the temp, fan speed, etc. When this happens, I also lose my windshield wipers (front and rear) and headlights. The stereo and nav display still works. I haven't had those go out at all. Windows and pano roof still work, though sometimes I have trouble where the pano will only close a few inches then stop. I have to keep hitting the button to nudge it closed. Sometimes everything would spontaneously come back again while driving, but that hasn't happened in a few months. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you all so much!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
You need to clean ALL the grounds. Sounds like they cleaned one of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts