Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2013 elantra.

I have noticed that there is engine vibration and noise felt in car and pedal when accelerating at around 2500-3000 rpm's before it shifts. Is this normal behavior? It just does not seem as smooth as it should be. I have only put about 600 miles on the car.

It has been very cold, but it does not go away after warming up.

Does anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2013 elantra in late October last year. It does the same thing. One day I took it to the dealership and they told me it was normal. The mechanic said he had seen this and believed it was caused by the (poor?) design. To convince me, he took me on a ride in another 2013 elantra and there was the same vibration between 2500 and 3000 rpm. So I guess it is normal. Cold weather could a factor as I live in Canada.

·
Registered
6 Posts
exactly the same here, around 2500 rpm a vibration that you can feel mainly on the gas pedal and underneath....elantra 2013...VERY ANNOYING....I so disappointed....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Never noticed any kind of vibration at a particular RPM range on mine. I think I would notice as I have a M/T and try to keep the cruising RPM's from just under 2K to under 3K depending on the speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Initially I thought it was the heat shield problem seen in 2011 and 2012 models, which could be fixed by adding a clamp. But the mechanic at the dealership told me the 2013 came with the clamp installed or something like that. Not sure if that is true. The vibration does feel like coming from the exhaust system to me. Don't have the equipment to jack up the car to check.

·
22,793 Posts
el1179, Welcome to the forums! :00000732:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Initially I thought it was the heat shield problem seen in 2011 and 2012 models, which could be fixed by adding a clamp. But the mechanic at the dealership told me the 2013 came with the clamp installed or something like that. Not sure if that is true. The vibration does feel like coming from the exhaust system to me. Don't have the equipment to jack up the car to check.
The TSB for that heat shield issue is for cars produced through mid Feb 2012, so cars after that should have the clamps.
So the vibration is likely something else in your case - of course that's not to rule out that it was a Friday and the guy that puts on the clamps had to take a quick bio break ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't experienced the vibration, then again I notice my car typically hovers around 1500-2000 RPM, with it going 2500 - 3000 during acceleration.

Now, the only time I really feel or hear any vibration is if during acceleration at that RPM range I have to stop accelerating ... but the vibrations are from stuff I poorly store in my glovebox and cup holder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts