Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having some issues with my 2013 Elantra. After a lot of research. I have a idea of what the problem might be. Problem is in the morning I crank up the car and leave my house. Everything is fine and drives and shift like it should. After about 5 minutes of driving. The RPM gauge falls to zero and the automatic transmission doesn’t want to shift properly. So I move it to the sport mode and shift using that. But it does not want to down shift with the sport mode. I Have to shift to N once I’m stopped to make it go back to 1st gear. If I leave it in Drive then it doesn’t want to shift when it’s suppose to. And not to mention it cuts off sometimes. And it will crank back up after about 6 seconds of the key being turned. From what I’ve read online and on some Hyundai forums. It seems it has to do with the transmission speed sensor as far as the shifting problem. And crankshaft position sensor for the cranking and cutting off problems. Also seems like it’s a common problem people have with Elantra or even Hyundai for that matter. Any input would be greatly appreciated. As I need to fix it ASAP. It’s my wife’s car.

Thanks in advance. Pic of the car.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I’d go crank sensor as well. The tcm needs engine speed input in order to know when to shift. If it doesn’t get it, it won’t shift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.