Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well something I never thought would happen with only 14,313 babied miles on my 2013 silver Elantra.
I was driving home from my mothers house and I thought I hit a pothole,next I stopped at a stop sign took off and it started shifting very rough through most of the gears. I drove it around for 30 minutes and it was pretty bad. I decided to get it towed,I dont feel like breaking down in it. The roadside assistance is excellent if you ever have to use it. No up front fees to pay ,its all taking care of.
BTW has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Perhaps you DID hit a pothole and messed something up, or hit the bottom of the Tranny?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bummer. Has the problem been diagnosed, or did this just happen? Did it lose fluid? I once hit a rock in a rental Chevy and lost tranny fluid as I tried to get back. It finally would go no more.

Good luck on the repair job.

Geoff

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer. Has the problem been diagnosed, or did this just happen? Did it lose fluid? I once hit a rock in a rental Chevy and lost tranny fluid as I tried to get back. It finally would go no more.

Good luck on the repair job.

Geoff
It just went by by on the flatbed ,I have to call the dealer in the am to confirm. I think maybe it is a computer problem. :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actualy feel depressed about it ,watching it leave into the dark night on a flatbed :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well something I never thought would happen with only 14,313 babied miles on my 2013 silver Elantra.
I was driving home from my mothers house and I thought I hit a pothole,next I stopped at a stop sign took off and it started shifting very rough through most of the gears. I drove it around for 30 minutes and it was pretty bad. I decided to get it towed,I dont feel like breaking down in it. The roadside assistance is excellent if you ever have to use it. No up front fees to pay ,its all taking care of.
BTW has anyone else had this happen?
Im just rephrasing the thread ,it shifted so rough it felt like i hit something,it just shifted very rough.

·
22,788 Posts
I actualy feel depressed about it ,watching it leave into the dark night on a flatbed :(
Kind of like watching your best friend leave town and move away without you. Sucks.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My mom's 2012 Acura MDX (which cost considerably more than our cars) had the tranny start slipping and hesitating in reverse by 15,000 miles. No questions asked, warranty covered everything. Remember that nothing is perfect and these things do happen, as much as we hate it. :grin:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and suggest that the dealer clear the codes and I'll bet the problem goes away. I had this happen once in a 2011 Kia with (I'm sure) the same transmission. It was like I hit a big pothole and it wouldn't shift properly. Went to the dealer and they cleared the codes and the problem never recurred.

There is no repair to be made. The only fix for a bad transmission is complete replacement as the dealers are not authorized to repair automatic transmissions. Everything, including the electronics are inside the transmission. But this is rare.

Keep us apprised.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mom's 2012 Acura MDX (which cost considerably more than our cars) had the tranny start slipping and hesitating in reverse by 15,000 miles. No questions asked, warranty covered everything. Remember that nothing is perfect and these things do happen, as much as we hate it. :grin:
I saw a new hyundai sonata today with the letters "loaner car" on the windshield. I said to myself I probably wont need one of those my car is perfect,I seriously jinxed myself! LOL! This did happened no joke ,5 hrs later my vehicle is being towed! :wacko:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going out on a limb here and suggest that the dealer clear the codes and I'll bet the problem goes away. I had this happen once in a 2011 Kia with (I'm sure) the same transmission. It was like I hit a big pothole and it wouldn't shift properly. Went to the dealer and they cleared the codes and the problem never recurred.

There is no repair to be made. The only fix for a bad transmission is complete replacement as the dealers are not authorized to repair automatic transmissions. Everything, including the electronics are inside the transmission. But this is rare.

Keep us apprised.
I guess they get brain farts too:laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts