Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The history

Stock height (w/18s")

Meccatune springs

vs Stock springs

Lowered on Meccatunes

Bcos the Meccatunes were cut (front and rear) to achieve this drop, it was not an ideal setup. I was searching for a setup that would be cost-effective, but the options were limited to ARK or coilovers. Eibach and H&R springs were still in development for the E, but after much research and private discussions with some members on this forum, it appeared that the Veloster suspension was in many ways quite similar to the E, but much tighter and sportier. I decided I was going to give the Eibach Pro-Kit for the V a try, so I ordered it. These were designed for a 1.2-1.5" drop on the V...

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs for the Veloster (p/n: 4247.170)

I went back-n-forth trying to decide if I should go ahead and install the Eibachs or save up for coilovers, but I decided to go ahead with the Eibachs. Got these installed yesterday. And what a surprise! Drop level is almost equal to the cut Meccatunes.

On Eibach Pro-Kit

The Good (so far)
Car rides smooth and firm. Pretty solid ride overall.
Better cornering and handling improvement noticed.
Perfect drop and it looks real good.

The Cons (so far):
Because I am running 225/45s, the tires rub a tad in front when I hit rough patches on the road.
To eliminate the rub may require a 215/40, OR front camber plates to adjust camber to -2 to -3deg (current Front camber is set to -1).

Follow-on report to come as I put more miles on the car. For now, I am a happy camper. Will still consider coilovers in my future, but for now, satisfied with the Eibachs.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow man, that looks amazing. Very glad the springs worked out and the height is perfect. Might have to swap my ARKS for the Pro Kit!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thank God for this! Rocket, I seriously was waiting for you to post about the Eibach for Veloster springs the past few weeks lol! This setup is also my plan of action.

It does concern me though that there are some rubbing issues on the front. Plus it will even get lower once broken in to. I may have mentioned to you that I'm also going for 225/45/r18 for a more comfortable and less road noise ride.

So, I think I'm switching my plan from Eibach for Veloster Springs to Ark lowering springs. It's supposed to be up to 1.2 inch from and 1 inch back for Ark for Elantra. Since I only want I mild drop but still aiming for a flush look. This should be enough.

What do you think? Thanks again for this post man!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have ARKS and I'm always wishing for moar lowwww lol. Ride is comfortable, wish it were a bit more firm however. Like I said though, not low enough. I can still fit 2.5 fingers between tire n fender in the back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank God for this! Rocket, I seriously was waiting for you to post about the Eibach for Veloster springs the past few weeks lol! This setup is also my plan of action.

It does concern me though that there are some rubbing issues on the front. Plus it will even get lower once broken in to. I may have mentioned to you that I'm also going for 225/45/r18 for a more comfortable and less road noise ride.

So, I think I'm switching my plan from Eibach for Veloster Springs to Ark lowering springs. It's supposed to be up to 1.2 inch from and 1 inch back for Ark for Elantra. Since I only want I mild drop but still aiming for a flush look. This should be enough.

What do you think? Thanks again for this post man!
Will depend on your rim offset. Mine is at +33 and stick outs quite a bit. If yours tuck in under the fender (> +45) you may be good on those 45s. But you will be even better on 225/40s that will keep your speed rating (MPH) close to the stock 16s.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's the thing. The offset of the wheels I'm getting are HPO 38 offset. I guess I'll might have to go with Ark to prevent rubbing.

Here's a quick Photoshop of what my car would look like before the drop with the wheels + tires + sideskirts that I'm getting. Thank you Gamerguy for allowing me to Photoshop your car's pic for reference.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the thing. The offset of the wheels I'm getting are HPO 38 offset. I guess I'll might have to go with Ark to prevent rubbing.

Here's a quick Photoshop of what my car would look like before the drop with the wheels + tires + sideskirts that I'm getting. Thank you Gamerguy for allowing me to Photoshop your car's pic for reference.

Very very nice looking rim. Me likey a lot! +38 will look great and with the mild drop you should not have to worry about rubbing whatsoever. Excellent choice and plan of action. Will look forward to seeing the final setup you install.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Very very nice looking rim. Me likey a lot! +38 will look great and with the mild drop you should not have to worry about rubbing whatsoever. Excellent choice and plan of action. Will look forward to seeing the final setup you install.
So you think I should go ARK over Eibachs then? Thanks Rocket!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Having previously owned Eibach springs i can say they have a wonderful firm (not harsh) ride.

I got the best prices on springs from tirerack years ago, not all items are listed on their site sometimes you have to call for items like that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rocket, what happened to your pictures? I can't see them.

Anyway, do you mind letting us know the price of the Eibachs and where you got them from? Thank you sir!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rocket, what happened to your pictures? I can't see them.

Anyway, do you mind letting us know the price of the Eibachs and where you got them from? Thank you sir!
The pics are still there and I can see them. Maybe it's something with your display? I bought the Eibachs from LSD Motorsports. Cost was $244.12 + CA tax (free shipping) = $263.25 total. Part No. 4247.140

·
Registered
34 Posts
rocketace1, how are your front and rear shocks holding up? mileage on it? I've been wanting to lower my car on ARK springs but would like to change the shocks at the same time. I got 32,xxx on my struts/shocks. Running out of patience waiting for the front shocks...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rocketace1, how are your front and rear shocks holding up? mileage on it? I've been wanting to lower my car on ARK springs but would like to change the shocks at the same time. I got 32,xxx on my struts/shocks. Running out of patience waiting for the front shocks...
Car has 20,0xx miles currently.
At 13,7xx miles I replaced rear shocks with KYBs
At 19,2xx miles lowered on Meccatunes
At 19,9xx miles lowered on Eibachs

So only running front shocks on lowering springs for a very short time (<1K miles).

·
Registered
911 Posts
Stock front shocks are cheap about $120each if you can't wait any longer:
STRUTS & COMPONENTS for 2013 Hyundai Elantra

Get KYB for the rear.

Front struts $240
ARK springs 280
KYB rear 120

Total $640

Megan Racing EZ Series coil overs about $700.
Megan Racing 2011 Elantra EZ Street Coilovers Adjustable Shocks Struts Coilover | eBay

Camber bolts from Rock auto about $15.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's a good point Saurian. Depends on the person's preference and life situation I guess.

HappyGod, KarbonKoncepts.com (reputable site and I've bought from them before) has the Ark Springs on sale right now for $254 if you're interested. Saves you some bucks! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks all! I had coilovers before too rough for daily commuting. I am just looking for a minor drop and a firmer ride without sacrificing the longevity of the struts/shocks.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts