Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but sadly it's the carcomplaints.com "The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013" list.

Oddly it seems to be mostly about the brake issue and gas mileage, but still the highest complaint reported MY for the Elantra!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the brake issue is that thing that was talked about on another thread where certain 2013MY Elantras were supposed to have the front pads replaced by the dealers upon delivery.
I have a 2013 Coupe that was manufactured in June 2012, so would have been eligible for that but the pads look like the originals. But so far they've never given me issue and the car stops just fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My guess is people are being picky? I don't know anymore. I may have a 2011 but the only 'brake grind' I get is after rain or something and there is rust on the rotor. One long stop later and its gone, I normally get rid of it pulling out of a parking lot or driveway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well i had my car for a month now... kinda hard to test her correctly... theres snow everywhere...

Ill pay more attention to the breaks.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
893 Posts
In looking over the website and their "lists", nothing makes much sense. Some of the cars which have excellent reliability ratings in Consumer Reports top their complaint lists; conversely some which are known disasters are in their "best vehicles". For example, they loathe the 2003 Honda Accord, but think the 2003 Chevy Astro Van is great. That's crazy.

Looks like gibberish to me.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In looking over the website and their "lists", nothing makes much sense. Some of the cars which have excellent reliability ratings in Consumer Reports top their complaint lists; conversely some which are known disasters are in their "best vehicles". For example, they loathe the 2003 Honda Accord, but think the 2003 Chevy Astro Van is great. That's crazy.

- Mark
Well keep in mind it's a vehicle complaint site and the stats are just based on total # of complaints made on a specific model and year. If you look at the Honda Accords the 2003 actually did have horrible transmission problems. And it looks like 2008 and on Accords have awful seating problems. I think the 2003 Astro Van just didn't have anyone reporting anything on it, maybe they only sold like 20 that year.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Had my 2013 sedan for just over a year now and 30,000kms. All I've done is put gas in it and do oil changes.

As others have said, it is a "complaint" website and I've found more and more that many people are becoming picky about very minor/subjective things.

·
22,793 Posts
My 2013 needed to go back to the dealership as all four rotors were warped after 3 months.
Any idea what caused the warping? Were the tires rotated? Lugs not torqued to spec? Interesting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any idea what caused the warping? Were the tires rotated? Lugs not torqued to spec? Interesting.
They had no idea why.

The car was only 3 months old and hadn't gone for a service yet.

Brand new tires, lugs torqued from factory.

My car has gone back 3 times now.

1. Airbags
2. Bluetooth
3. Brakes

After winter it will need to go back because the top 5 lines of the rear defroster doesn't work and i'm pretty sure the front shocks are blown.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The bar has been raised so much with the modern automobile that the little things or nuances people may have once just ignored are now becoming things that get complained about. If I had to complain I could come up with things that others might think we're trivial by their own standards. We have warranties on our new cars and I might be concerned if the couple problems I've had weren't rectified under the warranty, that's just not the case though in my own experience.

·
Registered
418 Posts

- Mark
The Chevy Astro Van made the best list because there are only a handful of them still on the road--whereas the Accords are still running strong.:) More vehicles more complaints.

·
22,793 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
After winter it will need to go back because the top 5 lines of the rear defroster doesn't work and i'm pretty sure the front shocks are blown.
Just an FYI, the top lines on the rear window are your AM/FM antenna.

There's a gap, and then the remaining lines are the rear defog ones. My car is going in tomorrow for new glass as the bottom 7-8 lines are not working.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Actually, I've been thinking about it last night. Yes, I do have brake problems. But it's one of the problems that I overlook. When my brakes are cold, it makes noises, and it gets stuck all of the time. There's no rust on the rotors or anything. Brakes shouldn't make noises, period.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts