Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere and can't find the correct pinout for the factory wiring harness. I tried downloading the zip file of the archived Hyundaitechinfo but it kept redirecting me and tried to get me to install an .exe.

I even went to the dealership but they weren't any help. Service dept said parts could print one out, parts dept said service people have it. Neither one had it (or would give it to me). The said they have to get the whole harness. I don't need a harness I just want a labeled pinout that is correct.

I know the base and nav have the same plugs but different wiring layouts. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I have searched everywhere and can't find the correct pinout for the factory wiring harness. I tried downloading the zip file of the archived Hyundaitechinfo but it kept redirecting me and tried to get me to install an .exe.

I even went to the dealership but they weren't any help. Service dept said parts could print one out, parts dept said service people have it. Neither one had it (or would give it to me). The said they have to get the whole harness. I don't need a harness I just want a labeled pinout that is correct.

I know the base and nav have the same plugs but different wiring layouts. Any help would be much appreciated!
AVN Head Unit connector views attached, hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@wongpfh, thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate you taking the time to help. Unfortunately, my nav/radio unit looks different from that one. Also, in looking at the two connectors that you linked, Connectors A + B, I don't see any mention of the speakers. This is why I am confused because some show it and others don't, or list them in other pins.

I'm not getting any sound out of the new Android unit. It appears to be functioning otherwise like reverse function and steering wheel controls. I'm concerned they sent the wrong wiring harness, I just can't find the right one to match it up to and compare.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I forgot to add that this is what my stock unit looks like.

Sorry I am unable to find any info for your OEM AVN unit, I've attached the schematic diagrams and connector views.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I am unable to find any info for your OEM AVN unit, I've attached the schematic diagrams and connector views.
Thank you so much for your help! I was getting so frustrated last night. I'll look at these when I get home from work and hopefully at least match the colors up.

Thanks again!

Justin

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Thank you so much for your help! I was getting so frustrated last night. I'll look at these when I get home from work and hopefully at least match the colors up.

Thanks again!

Justin
My mistake, all those info/diagrams are for 2013 GD only, sorry. Here's the correct wiring diagrams for the 2013 MD.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
@wongpfh, thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate you taking the time to help. Unfortunately, my nav/radio unit looks different from that one. Also, in looking at the two connectors that you linked, Connectors A + B, I don't see any mention of the speakers. This is why I am confused because some show it and others don't, or list them in other pins.

I'm not getting any sound out of the new Android unit. It appears to be functioning otherwise like reverse function and steering wheel controls. I'm concerned they sent the wrong wiring harness, I just can't find the right one to match it up to and compare.
It appears the audio signal from the AVN unit is digital which feeds the External Amp and the output signal to the speaker is analog, all the speakers connected to connector F02-A at the Amp not at the AVN unit connectors M15A or M15B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys can you send me a pictures of your installation?
please
I can't download your diagrams please I just got me the same navigation system try to install in my elantra 11.

Please help I can't download

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys can you send me a pictures of your installation?
please
I can't download your diagrams please I just got me the same navigation system try to install in my elantra 11.

Please help I can't download

·
Registered
27 Posts
2033 Elantra GT NAV

Wongpfh, Thank you so much for posting these schematics and pinouts. I'm trying to replace my standard radio with an OEM NAV unit in my 2013 Elantra GT. Do you also have the pinouts for the 32 pin MTU (Telematics) module? I'd really like to see pinouts for both the standard head unit, and the NAV head unit.

Thanks,

Brent

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Wongpfh, Thank you so much for posting these schematics and pinouts. I'm trying to replace my standard radio with an OEM NAV unit in my 2013 Elantra GT. Do you also have the pinouts for the 32 pin MTU (Telematics) module? I'd really like to see pinouts for both the standard head unit, and the NAV head unit.

Thanks,

Brent
MTS info attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wongpfh,

Thanks again. I'm making progress. Now getting error message "Pairing is not allowed while vehicle is moving". Hope this is because I have not yet made a connection from M-15A and M-15B to the BCM .

Aslo, do you have the diagram referred to on Schematic Diagram 3 (that you posted before https://www.hyundai-forums.com/atta...on-wiring-diagram-avn-schematic-diagram-3.pdf) It called "REAR VIEW CAMERA P. 108 C.61-2.

Thanks,

Brent

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks so much for the diagrams. I originally purchased the OEM backup camera from Compass NAV. They had removed Connector R36 from the camera and hardwired in their connections. Without Connector R36 being present, I can't use the pinouts.

Can anyone match up the 8 wires coming from the camera with the pin numbers of R36? If you have a camera, can you take a look and see which wires go to which pins?

There are 4 wires coming from the camera:
Yellow
White
Red
Black

And 4 wires coming from the motor unit:
Red
Black
Green
Blue

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wongpfh,

Thanks for all you have provided. I hate to keep piecemealing this; but I keep finding more connections I am missing.

Could you please provide:
Vehicle Speed System SD438-3
BCM P.56 C.10-2
Automatic Transmission Control System 8D450-2
(I think these reference numbers are correct. Some are hard to read, even when I zoom in)

If I make it work, I'll post a summary of all the connections that need to be added/changed.

Brent

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wongpfh,

Any info on:

Vehicle Speed System SD438-3
BCM P.56 C.10-2
Automatic Transmission Control System 8D450-2
?

I think (hope) these are the last ones I'll need.

Thanks,

Brent

1 - 20 of 28 Posts