Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 Elantra GT at the insurance auction and had some repairs done to it. The Elantra came with one remote key (4 button) and this car had all the upgrades including the push button start. I called Hyundai and it's almost $400 to get a 2nd remote programmed for this car. When did car keys get so expensive?

Anyway, I looked on eBay and found a blank replacement key for about $26. Now for the programming. The lowest estimate I have found to far was $135 for key and programming. I looked online to see if there were ways to program it myself and one site said that I would have to push the button 15x and then press the Lock button on the remote to program it. Has anyone else tried this or found another way to program a blank remote for this 2013 Elantra?

Thanks for any help people might offer to save $400.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
I bought a 2013 Elantra GT at the insurance auction and had some repairs done to it. The Elantra came with one remote key (4 button) and this car had all the upgrades including the push button start. I called Hyundai and it's almost $400 to get a 2nd remote programmed for this car. When did car keys get so expensive?

Anyway, I looked on eBay and found a blank replacement key for about $26. Now for the programming. The lowest estimate I have found to far was $135 for key and programming. I looked online to see if there were ways to program it myself and one site said that I would have to push the button 15x and then press the Lock button on the remote to program it. Has anyone else tried this or found another way to program a blank remote for this 2013 Elantra?

Thanks for any help people might offer to save $400.
I would consider that $135 a decent deal for programming a push button fob. I have not heard of any way to do it outside the dealer or without a special tool.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have the tech keyless key FOB for the push button start.
I lost one complete... it was very expensive here (in Canada) to replace.
But the programming was just $50 at the dealer (estimate). They had to reprogram both remotes at the same time for the single cost (labour only). In fact, I think they charged me even less... they had the car about a 1/2 hr only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts