Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the car back. They said they:

Upgraded the ECM
Reset the engine adaptive values
Reset trans adaptive values

Never heard of this stuff...
Haven't got the chance to test drive it.
Hopefully it's fixed now.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Got the car back. They said they:

Upgraded the ECM
Reset the engine adaptive values
Reset trans adaptive values

Never heard of this stuff...
Haven't got the chance to test drive it.
Hopefully it's fixed now.
How has it gone? I'm a bit worried that they had to mess with software after the fact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Car still has the same symptom, loosing power during heavy acceleration. Car is going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I got the car back and they said the problem was "loose connection on pin" on the crankshaft position sensor they replaced. So I guess it wasn't plugged in securely.
Morons!

To summarize, here is my experience with Hyundai dealership for issue of "Engine having trouble starting and stalling after the engine is hot (45 min + of runtime)"

1) First time at dealer. They claimed we needed to replace Battery and clean the Fuel pump terminals. Total cost $500 CAD. I rejected the service. Time spent at dealer 4 hours.
2) Second time at dealer. Thanks to @charlescrown @AUTOSPARK , I confirmed the issue of CPS, was able to get an engine code P0335 to go off, proving the issue. The dealer said, they needed to do a proper diagnosis in spite of the engine code and kept the car overnight and issued a rental. Time spent at dealer 4 hours.
3) Third time at dealer. The car was exhibiting new issue, was losing power @ high load (heavy acceleration) from stop. Took it back, they kept it for 2 days. Time spent at dealer 3 hours. They gave it back siting ECM upgrade.
4) 4th time. Problem NOT fixed, still losing power. WTF. They gave it to a "senior" tech now and he actually checked the installation of the CPS and found the connection was faulty. Time spent at dealer 4 hours.

Total time @ dealer 15 hrs.
Headache 10/10

For a simple CPS install. If I bought myself off amazon $48.

Hard lesson to learn.
Warranty is over end of December. I won't be going there ever again unless there is a recall.
These guys (at least in Toronto) are the worst! They screw up the smallest things. I have not even mentioned all the other crazy things that have happened. They fixed the wrong brakes once, back instead of fronts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey....how has your car been since they connected it properly?

BTW in the GTA, I had good luck at the Ontario Hyundai dealership in Whitby if you are near the east side.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts