Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple weeks ago i went to start my car as i was leaving the store. ( was running fine 20 min. prior). It happen to just start pouring out as i got it the car. I go to start it and throw it in gear quick and realize it wasn't running. Throw the car in park and go to start again and it struggles to start. (can't really hear the car with how bad its raining). Finally it starts and I'm leaving the parking lot and the car is extremely sluggish. Also the RPM's are at 0. And i realize that the reason the car is so sluggish is because the car WILL NOT ship down. Either itself or let me manually shift down. As i gain speed it continues to shift up a gear. I get home shut the car off and go to start it again and its like nothing happened. Car is running fine. Today im getting off the highway and get to the bottom of the of ramp and my car stalls. I go to start it again and same situation as a couple weeks ago. I however shut the car off myself and start the car again and bam its running normal. No check engine lights whatsoever. Anyone on here have this issue? Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Failing crank sensor? I have read these have a tendancy to fail with the tach not moving. May code read it and see if there is a code logged

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree. Sounds similar to what I experienced when the crank sensor crapped out. It is easy to replace yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts