Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forum.

Picked up my brand new elantra last week, however alarm was not working properly. It arms ok (i.e., horn chirps after two clicks, lights flash etc)...but when we tried to test the alarm (as part of my delivery inspection), nothing happened. We tried opening door without key, opening from a half open shutter etc.

Dealer promised to resolve issue, they've been good so far, but it's worrying me a bit, brand new car, I shouldn't have to think of these issues and take my car and leave it in the dealer garage for a few days for them to diagnose this.

Any thoughts on this? Any one else having the same issue?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
How did you test this?

from my understanding, the alarm would only sound if you open the door from the inside.
ie. arm the car from the drivers seat, without the key in the ignition.

steps:
1) turn car off
2) remove key
3) open door (stay in car)
4) close door
5) arm the car
6) wait... 60 sec
7) open the door from the inside

that should sound the alarm. basically replicating someone opening the door from the inside when the car is off and locked (example, coat hanger, or flat shimmy)

is that what you did?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you test this?

from my understanding, the alarm would only sound if you open the door from the inside.
ie. arm the car from the drivers seat, without the key in the ignition.

steps:
1) turn car off
2) remove key
3) open door (stay in car)
4) close door
5) arm the car
6) wait... 60 sec
7) open the door from the inside

that should sound the alarm. basically replicating someone opening the door from the inside when the car is off and locked (example, coat hanger, or flat shimmy)

is that what you did?
been wondering the same thing... just got my GLS on saturday... 2 presses for a honk but trying to open the door does nothing... never tried from the inside, will do that in the morning..

figured it was trickery like my "tinted windows" that ended up meaning the sunroof was tinted.. lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
2 presses for a honk but trying to open the door does nothing...
Open the door from outside with the window up? That will not trigger the alarm. Turning the key in the door lock cylinder actually disarms the alarm. Pushing the car will not trigger the alarm either. Only trying to open the door by pulling the handle from inside will trigger it.

·
22,793 Posts
^^^ We have a winner! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
ahh... thanks for the info... just a different setup then im used to i guess
will give it a test when i get down to my car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

As I said in my original post, Hyundai dealer service manager him self tried all the ways to trip the alarm. It did not work.

Had the car with the dealer for a day, they finally figured it out, supposedly there was an issue in the fuse, the fuse was OK, but was not connecting properly or something.

It's working now. thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi all,

As I said in my original post, Hyundai dealer service manager him self tried all the ways to trip the alarm. It did not work.

Had the car with the dealer for a day, they finally figured it out, supposedly there was an issue in the fuse, the fuse was OK, but was not connecting properly or something.

It's working now. thanks for the thoughts.
Thanks for the update on this. Glad it was something minor!
But I do agree that doesn't bode well for a new car....

I'm sure you'll be happy with the car from now on! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts