Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what the duty cycle is for the main beam DRL PWM; I was thinking about trading from my Anzos to 2014 Limited projectors with the LED position lights. My thought is to run a relay and diode to reroute the DRL feed (like the Shark Racing Sonata DRL elimination kit) and power the LEDs through the DRL feed, but I don't know if the PWM's too weak to activate them! Certainly they don't work well for the Anzo strips, except for the position lights; if all else fails I could try a DRL conrtoller and wire them in, and when the tails kick in, they'll still function through the controller. I was hoping for using the DRL signal and make an already complex mod less messy... or is that more? Either way I want to replace the Anzo lights because the LED light strips have too few diodes to be effectice as a DRL... and the 2014 projectors have sidemarkers, which the Anzos do not!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
You'll probably need to put an LC in to match the impedance. I do not know what the difference is between them but I'm pretty sure they won't be the same. I believe there must be a light sensor the module uses to control the intensity of the lights from daylight (high duty cycle) to night (low). You are worried about being to weak. Why not run it direct and eliminate the PWM from the controller?
Just a couple thoughts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I might, after all; since I'll need 6-to-8 pin harness adapters anyway, I could wire in a DRL controller (like Philips has, for instance) and power the LEDs; when the tail lights turn on, the controller (or an inline diode) should keep them on. Or run two pairs of 5-pin relays: one pair of normally open to eliminate the main beam DRLs, and another pair, wired to the battery and activated by the ignition, to power the position lights/LEDs.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Either sounds like a good work around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts