Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I hope that everyone is doing well. I just wanted to share some pictures of my recently purchased vehicle. Originally I was looking into 2013 Genesis but was not able to find the one at the right price that came with warranty. The interior of Genesis was missing couple features that I have in my new Azera: ambient lights, panoramic roof, heated rear seats, cooled both front seats, back windows shade and back door shades.

I love my car new car and I can see myself driving it for next couple years. They only issue that I found with the car is the startup rattle that I brought up in other thread. I already set an appointment for tomorrow at the dealership.
Link to the Video - Dropbox

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beauty as most are. Looks like it just left the showroom. Tell us the truth - it's not used:)
Thanks! I wish I could afford one that just left a showroom ;-) Hopefully in next few years I will be able to replace this one with a brand new model :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is sad that they want to discontinue it...
I have an update regarding my startup rattle. I stopped by the dealership today and showed the video of the rattle to the technician and than we started the car so he could hear it and I he said that it is most likely the cam phaser. I will be dropping off the car next week since they didn't have any loaners available today. I am happy that the technician was straight forward compare to the service representative. That rep wanted to send me home saying that most Hyundais rattle and it is normal. He got pissed when the technician told him what's wrong and he had to arrange a loner for me for the next week. Thank God I got this baby with warranty!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have an update regarding my startup rattle. I stopped by the dealership today and showed the video of the rattle to the technician and than we started the car so he could hear it and I he said that it is most likely the cam phaser. I will be dropping off the car next week since they didn't have any loaners available today. I am happy that the technician was straight forward compare to the service representative. That rep wanted to send me home saying that most Hyundais rattle and it is normal. He got pissed when the technician told him what's wrong and he had to arrange a loner for me for the next week. Thank God I got this baby with warranty!

I'm from the Chicago area as well. What Dealership did you go to?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from the Chicago area as well. What Dealership did you go to?
Pugi Hyundai at Downers Grove

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nothing feels as good as clean exhaust tips:

Left tip after and right one before cleaning:

Both clean :)

Tools used:

brake cleaner:

turtle chrome polish and rust remover:

steel wool grade 0000:

·
Registered
357 Posts
From what others have said about this particular vehicle and the soot problem on the exhaust tips, you should be prepared to do that cleaning again. And again. And again.

BTW, you've got the same color as mine - the Hyper Silver! Man that is a nice color, isn't it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what others have said about this particular vehicle and the soot problem on the exhaust tips, you should be prepared to do that cleaning again. And again. And again.

BTW, you've got the same color as mine - the Hyper Silver! Man that is a nice color, isn't it?
I have read about the soot problem before buying the car and but I am perfectly fine with it. I noticed that new Sonatas and Hyundai SUV's are much worse. I usually clean my car 1 - 2 times a week so that should prevent the soot from building up.

Yea, I love Hyper Silver. I don't think that there is another color that covers the dirt so much! I drove the car 80 miles through the rain and than dropped it off at the dealership. I picked it up two days later and it looked clean that I thought they washed it. I did take a closer look at the car when I came back home and noticed that they did not wash it. You could barely tell that the car was dirty. Love it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haaaa!! I just found something to complete my car!

Heated Steering Wheel

I was finally able to find heated steering wheel for my Azera! Yea, it is expensive but this was the only thing that I was missing in my baby! I can't freaking wait to receive it and put it on! YEAAAAH!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
That's one of those options I don 't get but go for it if you're that enthusiastic. I discovered this new invention for those cold mornings - GLOVES:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use gloves too.. :) My current 2001 Audi A8L has heated steering wheel and my recently sold 2007 Audi A6 had it as well. I promised myself that I will never buy a car without heated steering wheel but I could not resist on my Azera. It looks like that heated steering wheel has soft touch leather (same as for example your armrest's leather) which will be much nicer to the touch compare to the current steering wheel that I don't like.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I use gloves too.. :) My current 2001 Audi A8L has heated steering wheel and my recently sold 2007 Audi A6 had it as well. I promised myself that I will never buy a car without heated steering wheel but I could not resist on my Azera. It looks like that heated steering wheel has soft touch leather (same as for example your armrest's leather) which will be much nicer to the touch compare to the current steering wheel that I don't like.
Good luck with the installation and many happy cold cold mornings:grin2:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

I recall someone on the site possibly had that work done only to have the noise return. Let us know how yours turns out.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts