Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I call the dealer to look to bring it in I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on my issue. When I use the front defroster or a/c the blower motor works for a while, cuts out, works again,.... you get the picture. When it cuts out, if I have my left turn signal on the blinker goes off much faster than usual.

I'm not a 'car guy' but I have looked at the fuses in the driver side and under the hood and didn't see any that looked blown. Is there anything simple I can do myself or am I stuck bringing it and hope it's covered under their 100k warranty?

·
Registered
2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS
96 Posts
My air just stopped on the highway one day and when I started to drive again after 30 mins it was working again. It would cut out every now and then and the dealership said it was the faulty relay. They replaced it and it was good. I had them replace the blower also because it was making a ticking noise that was driving me crazy. But the relay was the first issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than the ticking sound sounds like my issue. Hopefully it is just the relay. I did pull it out and look at it but had no tell tale look of any issue to me. Without the ticking sound I doubt I'd get them to spend the money and time on replacing a blower as well but worth a shot.

Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's under warranty. Get it into the dealer.

My blower motor was replaced once because the dealer just did it, while it was in for other warranty work. Now a year later its noisy and I'll have to take it back again. Also one of my tie rods is starting to clunk. This is the 3rd suspension piece on this thing to be replaced in about 70,000km. I note the new model now has properly engineered suspension pieces in it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had it in last week. "Sadly" the blower had decided to start working fine for the past week and since they couldn't get it to do the same said there was nothing they could do at that time. At least it's on record with them for now and I'll be sure to go right in next time it starts right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.