Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and have a 2013 Hyundai Azera Base in Silver with the Camel interior. I currently have 121200 miles looking to get to 150K without any pricey repairs. I purchased my car in Feb. 2019 with 100,200 miles on the odometer. I have read a good deal of the threads on here and decided to post the status of my Azera since it may be one of the higher mileage ones out there. The following lists are what I have done and what I need to do.

Things I Have Done
Replaced Brake Pads and Rotors
Replaced Front Center Mounted Dash Speaker
Replaced Windshield Wipers
Replaced Air Filter
Replaced Cabin Filter
Added 20% Tint
Replaced Rear Bumper Cover (Hit-and-Run Accident)
Swap Halogen Bulbs w/ LEDs

Things I NEED to Do
Replace Front Bumper Cover (Pushed Up on a Curb)
Replace Passenger Fender Liner
Replace Airbag Clockspring (ABS Light on w/ Code B1346)
Replace Timing Chain Tensioner (Engine Rattle on Start Up like 4-5 times a month)
Replace/Paint Wheels (Wheel Paint? Chipping)

I commute far and often and don't experience the chain rattle as often as other do. I was considering selling the car a few months ago but found it harder to part ways with it as the days went on because it drives so smooth and feels so comfortable. Since I recently hit an awkwardly-placed rock that did even more damage to the front bumper cover, I've decided that I'm not going to worry about selling the car until all the repairs are done.

Also, not as of recently, my radio has cut off approximately 3 times for ~2 seconds each time and restarted like nothing happened. Hasn't happened in months. On one specific occasion though, as I was accelerating onto the freeway when suddenly the car felt like it stalled, the electronics shut off, engine was still running (did not accelerate, engine did rev when pedal was depressed), electronics come back on, car starts driving again, all within a span of about 4 seconds. That only happened once and hasn't really worried me since.

My airbag light came on last weekend and I have since ordered the replacement clockspring so it should be here in about a month. There's a video on Youtube of a guy replacing his clockspring on his 2012 Azera with the same code so I figured why not give it a shot?

Finally, one day my battery just died even though I drove the car an hour prior. All the lights and radio turned on and It felt like it wanted to start but it didn't. Got a jump and it started right up. Hasn't done it again since. Not sure what that was about.

I'll continue to post updates for other Azera owners out there that are skeptical about reliability beyond 100K miles. So far, its not too bad even it seems that way.

It's great to finally find an Azera community! I hope it doesn't die anytime soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome,
it sounds to me like you may have a very small electrical issue... battery will die in an hour only if you left some light on, door open or something similar (I know it happened to me)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Check the battery terminals and make sure they're tight and properly connected. Sounds like it could be a low voltage issue under high demand. It's free so it's worth a quick look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome,
it sounds to me like you may have a very small electrical issue... battery will die in an hour only if you left some light on, door open or something similar (I know it happened to me)
Hey. I still haven't had the issue but I suspect something. On the occasion that my battery died, I noticed my fan was running. I went back to work from lunch and when I got out the car, the fan was running. This was around 12:50 PM. I get out of work and get back to the car around 3 PM and the fan is still running. Now it was 90+ degree weather but that's abnormal. I think I have a sticking fan relay. To this day, the fan still runs sometimes after I get out the car even when its obvious it shouldn't be (35 degree weather/5 minutes of driving). To combat it, whenever I get out the car and hear the fan running, I get back in and turn the ignition on which usually turns the fan off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and have a 2013 Hyundai Azera Base in Silver with the Camel interior. I currently have 121200 miles looking to get to 150K without any pricey repairs. I purchased my car in Feb. 2019 with 100,200 miles on the odometer. I have read a good deal of the threads on here and decided to post the status of my Azera since it may be one of the higher mileage ones out there. The following lists are what I have done and what I need to do.

Things I Have Done
Replaced Brake Pads and Rotors
Replaced Air Filter
Replaced Cabin Filter
Added 20% Tint

Things I NEED to Do
Replace Front Bumper Cover (Pushed Up on a Curb)
Replace Airbag Clockspring (ABS Light on w/ Code B1346)
Replace Timing Chain Tensioner (Engine Rattle on Start Up like 4-5 times a month)
UPDATE:

Finally got my front bumper repaired! Cost me about $150 at a body shop. I also replaced my clockspring and my airbag light has been off since. Currently at 131K miles. Recently bought an 06 Limited with 145K with, as I had to find out, a bad alternator. Died on the highway. Can't blame anyone but myself. Or can I? Either way, once I replace the alternator I'll probably down the 13 to replace the timing chain tensioner. I still consider just selling it but...we'll see.

New updated list below. I'll use this as a personal diary should no one else decide to.

Things I Have Done
Replaced Brake Pads and Rotors (Drilled and Slotted)
Replaced Air Filter
Replaced Cabin Filter
Added 20% Tint
(NEW) Swap incandescent license plate bulbs w/ LEDs
(NEW) Replaced Rear Brakes

Things I NEED to Do
(UPDATE) Replace Timing Chain Tensioner (Engine Rattle on Start Up like 3-4 times a week)

·
Registered
10 Posts
With a higher mileage vehicle purchase, do you know what service was done on the car before you bought it? I bought my car used and did the same things that you have done. I did 2x ATF drain & fill recently and the car shifts so much smoother now. I do the CRC intake valve cleaner about every 20-30k since the engine is direct injection. I don't really have the rattle, I have a '15 with almost 93k. Thanks for sharing your experience, I haven't heard much about 100k+ cars and I'll be in that group soon enough.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With a higher mileage vehicle purchase, do you know what service was done on the car before you bought it? I bought my car used and did the same things that you have done. I did 2x ATF drain & fill recently and the car shifts so much smoother now. I do the CRC intake valve cleaner about every 20-30k since the engine is direct injection. I don't really have the rattle, I have a '15 with almost 93k. Thanks for sharing your experience, I haven't heard much about 100k+ cars and I'll be in that group soon enough.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
I, unfortunately, don't know about the maintenance done to it previously. Did you do your transmission drain and fill yourself? If so, what was the procedure? I've been meaning to get to it for a while now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts