Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Accent started using 3 quarts per 1000 miles and finally got approval for a short block replacement with 3000 miles left on the warranty. Service dept says I was going to get a whole new long block and I wouldn't have known any different if I hadn't called parts to see if it arrived and they told me it was a re manufactured short block. I am happy I got a rebuilt short block but now I worry about head damage, so far it runs good except one thing. The check engine light came on a couple of days ago after driving it about 3 weeks. The code is P0420, I searched what it could be sensor or catalytic converter and now I am wondering if the massive oil burning that it was doing damage the front catalytic converter? I asked the dealer this very question when I turned the car in for the engine replacement because even though I never had a check engine light come on I knew that much oil could not be good for the system and that they should replace the catalytic converter as well and they said no that it wouldn't hurt it. I looked up the cost of a replacement and if it was damaged by the damaged engine shouldn't it be covered by Hyundai? I have the extended warranty with 1000 miles left before the 100000 mile mark. Any suggestions? Also attached is the work bill, does it look like they replaced all they should on a short block replacement? Thanks

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts